ID Mate: Quest Versus Summit

Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@...>

Can someone please tell me the difference between the ID Mate Quest
and Summit? I saw each being offered for $200 by different sellers.
The Quest is still available, but I am not sure about the Summit, as
it was posted about a week ago. I own an Omni, but although I love
and use it, the batteries no longer hold a charge.  I know that it
uses special AA batteries, and that there is a way to purchase them
and swap the new ones for the old ones, but I don't have the
information on them.  I know that these are both newer and smaller,
and that the sd cards that they use hold more information than the 2gb
compact flash card on mine. But other than that, which is better?

Thanks,
Eleni

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

Never have owned or seen a summit, but the quest is definitely newer so I would think that, in itself, would make it better. If I am right, the voice is better on the quest, as I think the summit uses doubletalk speech, but that could be wrong and that could have been something even older than that that I heard once.

[...]

I forgot to ask, which is newer? I also learned that the Summit costs
$270 including shipping, though it does come with an updated database
and a new battery. The Quest is $212.85 including shipping.

On 24/01/2018, Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I really would go for the Quest, then. As I said, it's newer.

[...]

Oh! I thought you just meant newer than the Omni, which both are.
Thank you! *smile*

[...]

The Quest will be on its way on Thursday! Thanks again for helping me
make this decision.

On 24/01/2018, Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Sugar

I have th quest and love it! I use it for everything
sugar

"Heaven is full of answers to prayers for which no one ever bothered to ask. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyLrl0SWe7s

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Bless you, Sugar Lopez

[...]

I can't wait to receive it and see how it differs from the Omni! I
actually found the Omni for $48 on Ebay, back when Envision was
selling them used for $750! I was literally thinking of not buying it
because I thought there was something wrong with it. But Grandma, who
knew nothing about technology but who realised that this was something
very important to me, convinced me to buy it, and it was one of the
best decisions of my life! As soon as it arrived, I started scanning
everything! I even took it to the store just to have fun with it! I
wrote to the seller, thanking him for changing my life. A few years
later, when the batteries stopped working, I was truly sad, because I
had to constantly have it plugged in. Anyway, I apologise for
rambling. I just love these things. *smile*

:
[...]

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

The ID Mate Quest has Wi-Fi capabilities, the Summit does not.

Michael