Large Bump Dots

Pablo Morales

Hello all,

I am looking for large bump dots on internet, and I got a little bit confused with the specifications I have seen.

For example, I see bump dots of 84 PK. What does PK mean here? Pixels and kilograms?

I have tried to look on amazon, and maxiaids. However, I have not found any unit to understand the size of the bump dots I have found.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Lisa Belville

PK in this instance means pack.

Hope this helps.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 3/25/2022 5:40 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking for large bump dots on internet, and I got a little bit confused with the specifications I have seen.

For example, I see bump dots of 84 PK. What does PK mean here? Pixels and kilograms?

I have tried to look on amazon, and maxiaids. However, I have not found any unit to understand the size of the bump dots I have found.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Marda

Pk means pack.  It means there are 84 bump dots in the pack (package).  There are different sizes of bump dots but I have never bought them or used them so know nothing much about them so hopefully someone else on the list has used them and can describe them more fully.

Marda

On 3/25/2022 5:40 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking for large bump dots on internet, and I got a little bit confused with the specifications I have seen.

For example, I see bump dots of 84 PK. What does PK mean here? Pixels and kilograms?

I have tried to look on amazon, and maxiaids. However, I have not found any unit to understand the size of the bump dots I have found.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Lisa Belville

Hi.  Yes, they do indeed sell Bump dots at Amazon.  I purchased a 20 pack of the smaller ones to label a microwave.  I was afraid to get the ones for cabinets because I thought they would be too small.  I think the price has gone up by a dollar or so since November.

The actual product name is: Bump Dots - Clear, Mini Rounded-Top Round Bump Dots

Here's the exact product link:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIOYSBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 3/25/2022 6:07 PM, Marda wrote:

Pk means pack.  It means there are 84 bump dots in the pack (package).  There are different sizes of bump dots but I have never bought them or used them so know nothing much about them so hopefully someone else on the list has used them and can describe them more fully.

Marda

On 3/25/2022 5:40 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking for large bump dots on internet, and I got a little bit confused with the specifications I have seen.

For example, I see bump dots of 84 PK. What does PK mean here? Pixels and kilograms?

I have tried to look on amazon, and maxiaids. However, I have not found any unit to understand the size of the bump dots I have found.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Monte Single

I have never seen bumpdots that were too small.  I have never seen them as small as lock dots.

[...]

Howard Traxler

I guess being dumb ain't gonna hurt.  Those big, high bumps on a keybord make it rather uncomfortable.  I need them though; the markings have warned off my f & j keys.

Howard

On 3/26/2022 11:47 AM, Monte Single wrote:

[...]

Stan Bobbitt

If you need a more specific shape than just bumps or dots there is a seller called HALOSystem at www.Etsy.com that sells stick on shapes for microwaves, ovens, washers, etc

HTH,

StanB

[...]

These are pretty small; You'd have to look at the measurements listed on the Amazon site.  I used them to label a microwave and they fit perfectly over the number pad.  They' are a bit smaller than my finger tip, for whatever that's worth.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
[...]

Loy

Try the lock dots, they are smaller and work great for keyboards.  They give you a good marking but not too big to get in the way.

[...]

The lock dots are  definitely the best tactile markers for a keyboard.

Excepting a wee drop of fabric paint!

But you will need sighted assistance for that.