still have brave issues

heather albright

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Using the Brave shields, it may be that, rarely, a site won't function correctly or you may get a message not to use an ad blocker but if you can't get to a site at all, I am very doubtful that it is caused by the shields.  Always try another browser.  Don't assume that the problem is one specific browser.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Also, you said it says you checked them.  Do you mean unchecked?

I can't answer questions about rewards. I'm not sure if I was working with them correctly but either they are inaccessible or I wasn't working with them correctly.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

I just went to the NFB site and as far as I know, I am using the default settings for Brave shields.

Gene

On 6/15/2022 4:18 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

Also, you said it says you checked them.  Do you mean unchecked?

I can't answer questions about rewards. I'm not sure if I was working with them correctly but either they are inaccessible or I wasn't working with them correctly.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Can you tell us just what you did?  Are you working with the radio buttons?  Turning off shields shouldn't keep you from getting to sites.  If you can tell us just what setting you are using, we might be able to help.

Gene

On 6/15/2022 4:12 PM, Gene wrote:

Using the Brave shields, it may be that, rarely, a site won't function correctly or you may get a message not to use an ad blocker but if you can't get to a site at all, I am very doubtful that it is caused by the shields.  Always try another browser.  Don't assume that the problem is one specific browser.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

heather albright

I am using NVDA, how do I take a screen shot so you can see what I see? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

I just went to the NFB site and as far as I know, I am using the default settings for Brave shields.

Gene

On 6/15/2022 4:18 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

Also, you said it says you checked them.  Do you mean unchecked?

I can't answer questions about rewards. I'm not sure if I was working with them correctly but either they are inaccessible or I wasn't working with them correctly.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Screen shots are visual.  You can try copying and pasting what is on gthe screen if browse mode is on or if not, you can use an add-on or use object navigation.  And I'm not sure if I would see what you see in a useful way if you did that.  I don't think I would know what radio buttons or check boxes are checked.  I would see them but I wouldn't know what is set how.

I don't know of any setting that will block all sites.  You can change the settings for how much protection you get from shields but as far as I know, no shield setting should block all sites.  What message do you get when you try to open a site?

Also, Firefox is good at protecting you, I don't think it is as good as Brave, but my impression is that it's pretty good.  Unless or until you get things straightened out with Brave, Firefox would be good to use.

[...]

That is what I do I end up using edge instead of brave and it has no issues. I reset brave again, I am hoping that fixes my issues. I uninstalled brave and restarted the pc and grabbed a new installation. This time it was allowing me to check the autofill options, before it did not even allow  me to do that.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Using the Brave shields, it may be that, rarely, a site won't function correctly or you may get a message not to use an ad blocker but if you can't get to a site at all, I am very doubtful that it is caused by the shields.  Always try another browser.  Don't assume that the problem is one specific browser.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

heather albright

I am hoping the new installation fixes the issues, so far it is much better. I can only say the brave talk kep popping up and my sighted person who lives with me,  said every time I tried to go to a site a blue colored screen popped up and it did not even show me an URL and the shield came up and I could not go any where to make any selections. So far this installation has not had this issue. I was able to make the selections like before. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

I just went to the NFB site and as far as I know, I am using the default settings for Brave shields.

Gene

On 6/15/2022 4:18 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

Also, you said it says you checked them.  Do you mean unchecked?

I can't answer questions about rewards. I'm not sure if I was working with them correctly but either they are inaccessible or I wasn't working with them correctly.

Now, brave will not let me go to the nfb site. I tried to turn off the shields and it says I checked them but, it will not allow me to go to any sites. Now it keeps nagging me about stupid brave rewards and I cant figure out how to get rid of this either. I even tried to start over and it does the same thing all over again. Why is brave being such a pain? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Victor

When all else fails, reinstall and restart your computer.  That has solved many of my software problems over the years.  That works on iOS too.

Victor