Narrator giving me more info than NVDA

Gene

It may be used by many screen-readers in somewhat similar ways but it can't be assumed.  System Access doesn't use  it in that way, nor did Window-eyes.  And in JAWS, it reads dialog boxes and perhaps full screens, but in NVDA, it reads a lot of objects and thus may read material JAWS won't read when the same command is used in the same program.

I haven't compared but it may be that if you are using the Touch Cursor in JAWS, the command reads more as it does in NVDA.

Gene

On 6/20/2022 7:00 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:
That insert+B is a standard screen reader command I do believe.
It works with JAWS, too.

On Jun 20, 2022, at 12:21 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

 Hi Group,

That NVDA command insert + B (NVDA KEY + B) also has the effect of reading the hidden items at times when the virtual cursor/edit cursor renders blank.  By this I mean that if you get little or no feedback when trying to read a relatively inaccessible screen such as in a dialogue box in an off the shelf piece of software or sometimes some sort of pop up on a web page, and when you switch to the object or screen review and nothing is rendered, then press insert + B and listen to the results. It may take a bit of time because NVDA will read everything on the screen including the names of tool bars, menu items system items such as move/size/minimize/maximize and so on, but also many times it will read what sighted people see on the screen that is not apparent using other NVDA methods.

Also try the insert + R recognition feature with Windows OCR and NVDA.  This also works on some somewhat inaccessible screens.

On 6/19/2022 11:56 PM, Gene wrote:
What I'm saying is that it is important to know the command I gave, regardless of whatever issues you may have.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 10:25 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

Yes, but I still have issues with NVDA that I need to resume with tech support.

thanks,

On 6/19/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:
With NVDA, if you want to try to get more information in a dialog, use the command NVDA key b.  You may want to try it as an experiment when copying files to this card.  If you use NVDA b, you may hear much more information in a dialog.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 9:05 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
I tried pasting using Windows Narrator.  Apparently, this gave me more explanation as to why I can't paste all those files.  Not enough space!

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

John Holcomb II

On 6/19/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:
With NVDA, if you want to try to get more information in a dialog, use the command NVDA key b.  You may want to try it as an experiment when copying files to this card.  If you use NVDA b, you may hear much more information in a dialog.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 9:05 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
I tried pasting using Windows Narrator.  Apparently, this gave me more explanation as to why I can't paste all those files.  Not enough space!

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Ron Canazzi

On 6/19/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:
With NVDA, if you want to try to get more information in a dialog, use the command NVDA key b.  You may want to try it as an experiment when copying files to this card.  If you use NVDA b, you may hear much more information in a dialog.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 9:05 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
I tried pasting using Windows Narrator.  Apparently, this gave me more explanation as to why I can't paste all those files.  Not enough space!

Gene

That may be, but I'm telling you a standard way to get it to read more of a dialog if you believe or want to see if there is more information.  As far as the issues you are having are concerned, discussing them here or on the NVDA Users' list may help you solve them.

On 6/19/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:
With NVDA, if you want to try to get more information in a dialog, use the command NVDA key b.  You may want to try it as an experiment when copying files to this card.  If you use NVDA b, you may hear much more information in a dialog.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 9:05 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
I tried pasting using Windows Narrator.  Apparently, this gave me more explanation as to why I can't paste all those files.  Not enough space!

Sharon Hooley