Outbox.

Carolyn Arnold

I have messages stuck in my Outbox. What do I do to get them unstuck. I hope this one will go.

Hello,
The best thing to do is to open each message individually and hit the send button on the upper right hand corner. This should remove the messages from your outbox and it will put them in sent after they are sent. My guess is that you did not have a good Wi-Fi connection at the time you tried to send the messages so they ended up in your outbox.
Hope this helps, 

Ashley Breger

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

I have messages stuck in my Outbox. What do I do to get them unstuck. I hope this one will go.

Gene

If messages  are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can. 

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open the program.  Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command?  Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter.  the send immediately command is control enter.  At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter. 

Not using Outlook, I'm asking questions and raising possibilities that may be useful.

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

I am sorry that I did not specify that it is in my Windows 10 Desktop PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2022 7:16 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Outbox.

Hello,
The best thing to do is to open each message individually and hit the send button on the upper right hand corner. This should remove the messages from your outbox and it will put them in sent after they are sent. My guess is that you did not have a good Wi-Fi connection at the time you tried to send the messages so they ended up in your outbox.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

Carolyn Arnold

It does have the Send later, when I exit. The work around I am finding is Windows M to get out of Outlook without closing it, then Alt+Tab back in.

All of this is connected with the Gmail that keeps wanting my password, which I give, but it does not take, so it now is imposing on myh Windstream boxes.

I did call a computer man last week, but they were moving into their new store, plus they mainly do commercial. I am trying to cripple until I move around the first of August, when I will have to get some help.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2022 7:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

If messages are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open the program. Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command? Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter. the send immediately command is control enter. At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.

Not using Outlook, I'm asking questions and raising possibilities that may be useful.

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> wrote:

Gene

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it.  Then send mail only from your other address.  Don't even bother entering your password.  Just close the dialog with escape and use your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem. 

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote?  Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now.  You don't need an application specific password for it.

Gene
GeneOn 6/21/2022 2:23 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:

It does have the Send later, when I exit. The work around I am finding is Windows M to get out of Outlook without closing it, then Alt+Tab back in. 

All of this is connected with the Gmail that keeps wanting my password, which I give, but it does not take, so it now is imposing on myh Windstream boxes. 

I did call a computer man last week, but they were moving into their new store, plus they mainly do commercial. I am trying to cripple until I move around the first of August, when I will have to get some help. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

If messages  are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.  

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open the program.  Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command?  Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter.  the send immediately command is control enter.  At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.  

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  wrote:

Carolyn Arnold

I have your instructions saved, but right now, no one who knows what to do.

If I deleted the emails, I'd lose them.

I have tried moving them from Outboox to another mailbox, then going in and sending again; that does not usually work.

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 4:27 PM

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it. Then send mail only from your other address. Don't even bother entering your password. Just close the dialog with escape and use your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote? Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now. You don't need an application specific password for it.

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

If messages are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open the program. Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command? Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter. the send immediately command is control enter. At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> wrote:

Gene

You can't send them anyway as they are.  You can do the following:
/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.  Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account. 

If there are problems doing that, let us know and people will likely discuss how to get around them. 

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:20 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:

I have tried moving them from Outboox to another mailbox, then going in and sending again; that does not usually work. 

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it.  Then send mail only from your other address.  Don't even bother entering your password.  Just close the dialog with escape and use your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.  

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote?  Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now.  You don't need an application specific password for it.

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

If messages  are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.  

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open the program.  Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command?  Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter.  the send immediately command is control enter.  At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.  

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>   wrote:

Gene

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook.  Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from.  In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line.  From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from. 

I am assuming that the messages in the outbox can be opened and worked with as though they were drafts and the way to change things in messages are the same as though you were working with an opened message you had begun or replied to in the usual way.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:35 PM, Gene wrote:

/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.  Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account. 

If there are problems doing that, let us know and people will likely discuss how to get around them. 

Gene

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it.  Then send mail only from your other address.  Don't even bother entering your password.  Just close the dialog with escape and use your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.  

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote?  Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now.  You don't need an application specific password for it.

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>   wrote:

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird.  My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work.  When  a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further.  I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution.  In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox.  You can try that.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:39 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook.  Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from.  In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line.  From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from. 

I am assuming that the messages in the outbox can be opened and worked with as though they were drafts and the way to change things in messages are the same as though you were working with an opened message you had begun or replied to in the usual way.

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox, shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can change the account it is sent from.  While this doesn't work in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Since Windows Live Mail is a Microsoft [product and Thunderbird isn't, this may well work in Outlook, even though it doesn't in Thunderbird.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:52 PM, Gene wrote:

I just tried this in Thunderbird.  My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work.  When  a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further.  I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution.  In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox.  You can try that.

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Thomas N. Chan

On the message itself, for you to change the account you are sending from, hit alt - m. that will trigger the from button on the message pane. your window must be maximized  or a certain size to see that from button.

when you are done with the message, hit alt - s, that will trigger the send action. n that button as what i mentioned earlier

to trigger the send action or you have multiple unsend messages in your outbox, in the main outlook window,  hit the follow key.
alt - j a

to trigger send and receive in outlook, both send and receive  action, do  hit ctrl - m

to see the send and receive  progress, hit alt - j p

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 05:39, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

There are problems. I am not using Gmail; yet it is imposing on Windstream.

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 5:35 PM

You can't send them anyway as they are. You can do the following:
/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard. Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it. Then send mail only from your other address. Don't even bother entering your password. Just close the dialog with escape and use your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote? Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now. You don't need an application specific password for it.

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> wrote:

Carolyn Arnold

I would think that, but the only other account is the Gmail, whose intrusion is responsible for the problem in the first place.

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 5:39 PM

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook. Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from. In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line. From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.

Gene

/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard. Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.

Gene

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...> wrote:

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks; I'll hold onto to this for a while.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 7:05 PM

On the message itself, for you to change the account you are sending from, hit alt - m. that will trigger the from button on the message pane. your window must be maximized or a certain size to see that from button.

when you are done with the message, hit alt - s, that will trigger the send action. n that button as what i mentioned earlier

to trigger the send action or you have multiple unsend messages in your outbox, in the main outlook window, hit the follow key.
alt - j a

to trigger send and receive in outlook, both send and receive action, do hit ctrl - m

to see the send and receive progress, hit alt - j p

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

https://paypal.me/thomasncky?country.x=SG&locale.x=en_GB

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 05:39, Gene <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...> > wrote:

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook. Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from. In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line. From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

Microsoft Disability said my problems were too complicated for them to fix, but that if when my computer guy comes, if he needs it, they'll be happy to work with him. We could not even get Quick Access in, so that he could tandem my computer. No wonder I haven't gotten anywhere with it, and with all the help here too.

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 6:03 PM

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox, shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can change the account it is sent from. While this doesn't work in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Since Windows Live Mail is a Microsoft [product and Thunderbird isn't, this may well work in Outlook, even though it doesn't in Thunderbird.

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird. My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work. When a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further. I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution. In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox. You can try that.

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

Gene

I'm not sure  I recall what all your problems are.  You might be able to end them all by trying Thunderbird.  I don't know if the Microsoft disability person is reliable.  I've heard reports indicating that different techs who work for the service vary widely in their competence.  However, whatever your problems are, my impression is that, aside from remoting into your machine, they all concern e-mail. 

If you want to continue to use Outlook, you may want to continue to work on the problems.  If you want to try Thunderbird, that may resolve all the problems and since you can keep Outlook on your machine and try Thunderbird, what do you have to lose except perhaps some time?  You may say you may have more frustration but your frustration may be less and much shorter duration if you find that Thunderbird solves your problems.

If desired, I can help you set up your accounts in Thunderbird.  Using Thunderbird for reading and replying to e-mail should be similar to using Outlook.  The five Windows e-mail programs I've used are similar or very similar in terms of common uses of the sort. 

Gene

On 6/27/2022 12:36 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:

Microsoft Disability said my problems were too complicated for them to fix, but that if when my computer guy comes, if he needs it, they'll be happy to work with him. We could not even get Quick Access in, so that he could tandem my computer. No wonder I haven't gotten anywhere with it, and with all the help here too. 

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox, shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can change the account it is sent from.  While this doesn't work in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird.  My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work.  When  a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further.  I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution.  In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox.  You can try that.

Gene

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook.  Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from.  In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line.  From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.  

Gene

You can't send them anyway as they are.  You can do the following:
			/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.  Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.  

Gene

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>   [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
					To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>   <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>    wrote:

Gene

Also, I am not convinced that your problems with Quick Access are any
more than you needing to update the program. Recently, there was a
thread where the need to update the program was the cause of one or
two people not being able to use the utility.

Gene

On 6/27/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I'm not sure I recall what all your problems are. You might be able to
end them all by trying Thunderbird. I don't know if the Microsoft
disability person is reliable. I've heard reports indicating that
different techs who work for the service vary widely in their
competence. However, whatever your problems are, my impression is that,
aside from remoting into your machine, they all concern e-mail.

If you want to continue to use Outlook, you may want to continue to work
on the problems. If you want to try Thunderbird, that may resolve all
the problems and since you can keep Outlook on your machine and try
Thunderbird, what do you have to lose except perhaps some time? You may
say you may have more frustration but your frustration may be less and
much shorter duration if you find that Thunderbird solves your problems.

If desired, I can help you set up your accounts in Thunderbird. Using
Thunderbird for reading and replying to e-mail should be similar to
using Outlook. The five Windows e-mail programs I've used are similar
or very similar in terms of common uses of the sort.

Gene

Microsoft Disability said my problems were too complicated for them to
fix, but that if when my computer guy comes, if he needs it, they'll be
happy to work with him. We could not even get Quick Access in, so that he
could tandem my computer. No wonder I haven't gotten anywhere with it, and
with all the help here too.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Gene

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox,
shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can
change the account it is sent from. While this doesn't work in
Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Since Windows Live Mail is a Microsoft [product and Thunderbird isn't,
this may well work in Outlook, even though it doesn't in Thunderbird.

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird. My second solution, the one I discuss
in the below quoted message, may not work. When a message is in the
inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further. I can open it and
read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than
the copy and paste solution. In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that
are in the outbox. You can try that.

Gene

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you
do this in Outlook. Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from. In
e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to
the from line. From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to
change the account the message is to be sent from.

I am assuming that the messages in the outbox can be opened and worked
with as though they were drafts and the way to change things in messages
are the same as though you were working with an opened message you had
begun or replied to in the usual way.

Gene

/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.
Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is
intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.

If there are problems doing that, let us know and people will likely
discuss how to get around them.

Gene

I have your instructions saved, but right now, no one who knows what
to do.

I have tried moving them from Outboox to another mailbox, then going
in and sending again; that does not usually work.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it.
Then send mail only from your other address. Don't even bother entering
your password. Just close the dialog with escape and use your other
e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote? Even
if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if someone
knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with forms, they can
do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now. You don't need an
application specific password for it.

Gene

It does have the Send later, when I exit. The work around I am
finding is Windows M to get out of Outlook without closing it, then
Alt+Tab back in.

All of this is connected with the Gmail that keeps wanting my
password, which I give, but it does not take, so it now is imposing on myh
Windstream boxes.

I did call a computer man last week, but they were moving into their
new store, plus they mainly do commercial. I am trying to cripple until I
move around the first of August, when I will have to get some help.

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

If messages are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've used,
the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if you issue a
general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you open
the program. Outlook likely does something like that but whether it does
or not, it very likely would send them when you issue a send/receive
command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might accidentally be
executing when you mean to execute a send command? Thunderbird has a send
later command, control shift enter. the send immediately command is
control enter. At some point, those using the keyboard are likely to
accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.

Not using Outlook, I'm asking questions and raising possibilities
that may be useful.

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold
<4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>
<mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>
wrote:

I have messages stuck in my Outbox. What do I do to get them
unstuck. I hope this one will go.

Gene

Also, Thunderbird uses the address book, called contacts in Thunderbird for autocomplete.  I recall you had a problem because Outlook uses two separate places, one for the address book, one for autocomplete. 

I think Thunderbird is a better choice for those who don't want or need special business features Outlook offers.

Gene

On 6/27/2022 1:00 PM, Gene wrote:

I'm not sure  I recall what all your problems are.  You might be able to end them all by trying Thunderbird.  I don't know if the Microsoft disability person is reliable.  I've heard reports indicating that different techs who work for the service vary widely in their competence.  However, whatever your problems are, my impression is that, aside from remoting into your machine, they all concern e-mail. 

If you want to continue to use Outlook, you may want to continue to work on the problems.  If you want to try Thunderbird, that may resolve all the problems and since you can keep Outlook on your machine and try Thunderbird, what do you have to lose except perhaps some time?  You may say you may have more frustration but your frustration may be less and much shorter duration if you find that Thunderbird solves your problems.

If desired, I can help you set up your accounts in Thunderbird.  Using Thunderbird for reading and replying to e-mail should be similar to using Outlook.  The five Windows e-mail programs I've used are similar or very similar in terms of common uses of the sort. 

Gene

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox, shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can change the account it is sent from.  While this doesn't work in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird.  My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work.  When  a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further.  I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution.  In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox.  You can try that.

Gene

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook.  Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from.  In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line.  From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.  

Gene

You can't send them anyway as they are.  You can do the following:
			/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.  Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.  

Gene

Gene

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>   [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
					To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>   <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>  <mailto:4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>    wrote:

Carolyn Arnold

Probably.

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 2:11 PM

Also, I am not convinced that your problems with Quick Access are any more than you needing to update the program. Recently, there was a thread where the need to update the program was the cause of one or two people not being able to use the utility.

Gene

On 6/27/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I'm not sure I recall what all your problems are. You might be able
to end them all by trying Thunderbird. I don't know if the Microsoft
disability person is reliable. I've heard reports indicating that
different techs who work for the service vary widely in their
competence. However, whatever your problems are, my impression is
that, aside from remoting into your machine, they all concern e-mail.

If you want to continue to use Outlook, you may want to continue to
work on the problems. If you want to try Thunderbird, that may
resolve all the problems and since you can keep Outlook on your
machine and try Thunderbird, what do you have to lose except perhaps
some time? You may say you may have more frustration but your
frustration may be less and much shorter duration if you find that Thunderbird solves your problems.

If desired, I can help you set up your accounts in Thunderbird. Using
Thunderbird for reading and replying to e-mail should be similar to
using Outlook. The five Windows e-mail programs I've used are similar
or very similar in terms of common uses of the sort.

Gene

Microsoft Disability said my problems were too complicated for them
to fix, but that if when my computer guy comes, if he needs it,
they'll be happy to work with him. We could not even get Quick Access
in, so that he could tandem my computer. No wonder I haven't gotten
anywhere with it, and with all the help here too.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Gene

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox,
shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if
you can change the account it is sent from. While this doesn't work
in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Since Windows Live Mail is a Microsoft [product and Thunderbird
isn't, this may well work in Outlook, even though it doesn't in Thunderbird.

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird. My second solution, the one I
discuss in the below quoted message, may not work. When a message
is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further. I
can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier
than the copy and paste solution. In Thunderbird, I can forward
messages that are in the outbox. You can try that.

Gene

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure
how you do this in Outlook. Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from. In
e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you
get to the from line. From there, you up or down arrow, whichever
works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.

I am assuming that the messages in the outbox can be opened and
worked with as though they were drafts and the way to change things
in messages are the same as though you were working with an opened
message you had begun or replied to in the usual way.

Gene

/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard.
Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is
intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.

If there are problems doing that, let us know and people will
likely discuss how to get around them.

Gene

I have your instructions saved, but right now, no one who knows
what to do.

I have tried moving them from Outboox to another mailbox, then
going in and sending again; that does not usually work.

To stop the problem, find the outbox and delete all messages in it.
Then send mail only from your other address. Don't even bother
entering your password. Just close the dialog with escape and use
your other e-mail provider until you resolve the problem.

Do you know someone who can follow instructions such as I wrote?
Even if the person doesn't understand why these things are done, if
someone knows how to work with web sites in terms of working with
forms, they can do what is needed.

Or, you can use the Windows Mail app for now. You don't need an
application specific password for it.

Gene

It does have the Send later, when I exit. The work around I am
finding is Windows M to get out of Outlook without closing it, then
Alt+Tab back in.

All of this is connected with the Gmail that keeps wanting my
password, which I give, but it does not take, so it now is imposing
on myh Windstream boxes.

I did call a computer man last week, but they were moving into
their new store, plus they mainly do commercial. I am trying to
cripple until I move around the first of August, when I will have to get some help.

If messages are stuck in the outbox in e-mail programs I've
used, the program asks if you want to send them at some point, or if
you issue a general send/receive command, it will send them if it can.

Thunderbird asks if you want to send unsent messages when you
open the program. Outlook likely does something like that but
whether it does or not, it very likely would send them when you issue
a send/receive command.

Does Outlook have a send later command that you might
accidentally be executing when you mean to execute a send command?
Thunderbird has a send later command, control shift enter. the send
immediately command is control enter. At some point, those using the
keyboard are likely to accidentally issue control shift enter instead of enter.

Not using Outlook, I'm asking questions and raising
possibilities that may be useful.

Gene

On Jun 20, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Carolyn Arnold
<4carolyna@...> <mailto:4carolyna@...>
wrote:

I have messages stuck in my Outbox. What do I do to get them
unstuck. I hope this one will go.