Changing WiFi Password and Network Name

Lisa Belville

Hi, all.

Recently my ISP, Frontier sent me a new modem because the older one they provided stopped working.  Everything is installed and working, except I'd like to change the WiFi password and network name.  These came with the new modem and I find the password difficult to remember as it's a long string of numbers.  I believe it is a Net Gear modem, but don't have eyes here to read the info.  I've tried scanning documentation with my iPhone but results are mixed.

I'd really like to get this done without contacting Frontier tech support because they can't seem to do anything even after I tell them repeatedly that I cannot see lights on their modem.

I'm using windows ten, 64 bit, the current version number is:  OS 21H1 build 19043.1826.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

Armando L. Vias <avias@...>

Can you log into the router from your web browser?

On Aug 2, 2022, at 8:43 AM, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi.  I've heard you can do this, but I've never done it.  When I hooked this router up to my PC, it automatically took me to a Frontier web page where I verified my account information.

How would I go about doing this and would it allow me to make the changes I want?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...