Copying from the internet

Terrilynne Pomeroy

Hi all,

I have been trying to copy things from the web, but although JAWS says selected, the copy function does not work. I know that there is something I need to enable, but I can’t remember where or how. Any specific directions would be greatly appreciated.

TerriLynne

Madison Martin

Hi TerriLynne,

Here’s some instructions that I found saved on a USB stick while I was looking for something else:

Copying a web-page

  • Useful if you are having trouble getting to the content or if you want to copy and paste information
  • Open the page

Select the whole page CTRL + A

Copy – CTRL + C

Open a new Word Document

Paste CTRL + V

Hope this helps,

Madison

I have been trying to copy things from the web, but although JAWS says selected, the copy function does not work. I know that there is something I need to enable, but I can’t remember where or how. Any specific directions would be greatly appreciated.

TerriLynne

Terrilynne Pomeroy

Hi Madison,

I appreciate your answer, but this doesn’t work for all pages.  According to Freedom Scientific, I had to go into some Chrome settings with one of the f keys and change some setting. My problem is that I have had four surgeries recently, and the anesthesia has messed with my memory. 😊