iOS and photos

Matt

Hi, this is a new feature in face book. It is not perfect by no means but it is a big start! Now if they just don’t leave it and let it collect dust but get better over time where it will give more details. I think this is a big feature that Facebook has implemented.  Now just wondering if this does this with everyone or only blind people . I just wondering if it only does this with blind people by determining that if you are using a screen reader or magnification software. JST

BTW: this is not a feature of IOS but of Face book only!

From: Kimsan [mailto:kimsansong@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:59 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] ios and photos

I’m not to much of a geek when it comes to the iphone but with photos I’ve noticed when I post a pic to my timeline it will say things like two people and blue skies. Haha, at least I know there are two people in the photo!  Now, if it can only tell me more detail for when I go around snapping pics of women, like the color of their skin.  I’m trying to find an Asian woman. Thoughts?  Not about the Asian woman thing but how much info vo is giving out about photos now. Pretty cool, I say.

Matt

IOS does not do this! This is a Face book feature! The closest thing to this on IOS is live photos and this allows for an audio tag to be put with a photo. But it will not recognize a photo that is just taken and is setting in the library.

Now you could use TapTapSee and pick something from your photo library and TapTapSee will recognize what is in the photo and this could be helpful and then you label the photo. The problem is the photo you just label in the photo library does not stick with the photo if it is moved or something. So it is not a tag just a label.

From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 05:59:24 -0400

So you thinking they are (Facebook) first implementing this with Facebooks apps on IOS devices and Android devices and so on? I guess you have to start somewhere but wonder who told them this was where to start at ? As logic would say implement this on the Facebook mobile site first and then go from there.

I�셫 thinking ios, as I use the mobile site frequently and it still says graphic 123423232 4 234q yotta yotta yotta

So it is just working on mobile platforms for now? Or do you have to use the mobile site of face book?

The Facebook photo description has not been added to the computer platform yet.

JMO Facebook should use the photo description as twitter. Or perhaps combine the features

Donna

On Apr 17, 2016, at 2:28 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Don�셳 know but here is a podcast from blind bargains on this. I don�셳 exactly know where it is in the podcast but it is there!

Blind Bargains podcast 58 <http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.blindbargains.com/au
dio/bbq058.mp3

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.blindbargains.com/aud
io/bbq058..mp3

Ok, I thought it was an iOS thing because I just went onto fb with my computer using jaws and it didn�셳 say nothing like 2 faces, etc. I did the same thing with the phone and it spoke some details.

So if it�셲 a fb pic, why isn�셳 it working on the computer and only the phone?