interacting with something called downward pointed triangles

David Mehler

Hello,

I'm on a web site where they are not using combo boxes but rather
something I have to click on and something called a black down pointed
triangle. I need to know how to access one of these, using jaws18, to
update the state in which I live in my account details.

Some urgency.

Thanks.
Dave.

Steve Matzura

Those most annoying objects are just what they say they are--triangle graphics with the point pointing down. They act and work like combo boxes. Try pressing the space bar on one, or if you can route the screenreader cursor to it, you can click it, and the drop-down will, ya know, drop down.

On 2/3/2018 9:24 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I'm on a web site where they are not using combo boxes but rather
something I have to click on and something called a black down pointed
triangle. I need to know how to access one of these, using jaws18, to
update the state in which I live in my account details.

Some urgency.

Thanks.
Dave.

David Mehler

Hi,

Thanks. I've tried enter and the space bar, they are not reading. If
it helps this is with jaws18. NVDA seems a little better, at least It
sees them and can interact but once enabled I am not getting any
feedback.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 2/3/18, Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:
Those most annoying objects are just what they say they are--triangle
graphics with the point pointing down. They act and work like combo
boxes. Try pressing the space bar on one, or if you can route the
screenreader cursor to it, you can click it, and the drop-down will, ya
know, drop down.

On 2/3/2018 9:24 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I'm on a web site where they are not using combo boxes but rather
something I have to click on and something called a black down pointed
triangle. I need to know how to access one of these, using jaws18, to
update the state in which I live in my account details.

Some urgency.

Thanks.
Dave.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi, I'm using JAWS 2018. I hit enter on the down pointing triangle then arrow down and there are links, buttons, etc. Almost like a combo box except it doesn't report it as such ... Btw, it seems the "down pointing triangle" inverts to an "up pointing triangle" after I hit enter on it.
HTH
Stan B

[...]

When I either hit enter on or spacebar on the downward triangle not
getting anything out of them, using jaws18.

Thanks.
Dave.