A Computer and the fan Question Please?

Janet

Hi Everyone,
Some weeks ago I had to hold the power button on the tower for at least 12 minutes to get my Windows 7 to start, and I'm thinking it was the fan because of the way it sounded when I turned it on. Although, it did finally come back on long enough for me to back up my files, I would like to restart the computer, so my question is if it is the fan, when I restart my computer, doesn't the fan still stay on? Because if not, chances if this computer shuts down, it won't start back up!

Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

If you use the restart command, the fan stays on.  The entire computer stays on. 

But before, what happened?  Even if something was wrong with the fan, even if the fan didn’t work at all, the computer would have booted.  It might have overheated and shut down or been damaged, but it would have worked.  had the computer been off for awhile before you booted up last time?  It sounds more like a power supply problem. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:24 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] A Computer and the fan Question Please?

Hi Everyone,
Some weeks ago I had to hold the power button on the tower for at least 12 minutes to get my Windows 7 to start, and I'm thinking it was the fan because of the way it sounded when I turned it on.  Although, it did finally come back on long enough for me to back up my files, I would like to restart the computer, so my question is if it is the fan, when I restart my computer, doesn't the fan still stay on? Because if not, chances if this computer shuts down, it won't start back up!  

Thank you all in advance. 

Janet

Peace Be With You.