From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2022 3:50 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a dropbox question

Also, I disabled dropbox yesterday and then this morning I found out that a friend had put something in the box I share with him, but when I opened dropbox from my desktop and looked in our shared box nothing was there. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough, and I didn't know to check my system tray to see if dropbox was there but that's why I was asking how to check it if it doesn't start on boot-up.

Troy

On 8/14/2022 1:30 PM, Gene wrote:

You can start Dropbox by pressing enter on the desktop icon.  Check in a bit, perhaps twenty or thirty seconds or later to see if the icon is in the system tray, which will mean that it is running.

Is there a particular reason you don't want it to run at boot up?  If you use it a good deal, it would be more convenient to let it start at boot up.

Gene

On 8/14/2022 12:58 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:

Hi all,

If I don't let dropbox start on boot-up what do I do to see if there is any new content in the dropboxes I share with others? Also, again if it's not starting on boot-up will anything I put in my shared dropboxes get uploaded so it's available for others?

Thanks.

Troy