Topics

a probably basic twitter question

David Mehler

Hello,

I'm using TWBlue on windows for Twitter. Whenever I direct message
some users I get a response of error 403 and I can't send them a dm.
Only certain users, others I can dm just fine. Any ideas? I'm
following all the users I'm trying to dm.

Any help with twitter appreciated, the syntax and the howto do things.

Thanks.
Dave.

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

I believe they also have to be following you for you to be able to send direct messages.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

I'm using TWBlue on windows for Twitter. Whenever I direct message

some users I get a response of error 403 and I can't send them a dm.

Only certain users, others I can dm just fine. Any ideas? I'm

following all the users I'm trying to dm.

Any help with twitter appreciated, the syntax and the howto do things.

Thanks.

Dave.

Madison Martin

I have this exact same issue, though I’ve never gotten  an error message. From what I’ve learned Juan is right, and some users may have their accounts set to not receive direct messages at all. If you have any other way to contact these people do so, there might be a way to get them to except your direct messages. It sure is frustrating though. Good luck, hope you can figure something out!!

I'm using TWBlue on windows for Twitter. Whenever I direct message

some users I get a response of error 403 and I can't send them a dm.

Only certain users, others I can dm just fine. Any ideas? I'm

following all the users I'm trying to dm.

Any help with twitter appreciated, the syntax and the howto do things.

Thanks.

Dave.

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,

Only in 2 cases you can dm someone on twitter, either if they follow you, or if they have the setting on where anyone can send them dm, which is like they’ll receive a request, if they accept you can continue dm them otherwise you can send only one message.

But some people just allow who they follow to dm them.

Good luck.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10