A very useful command in Thunderbird

Gene

I just learned a command that is very useful in Thunderbird. Since I don't know how well known it is, I'm discussing it here. When you open a folder, you are placed at the top.  You can move to the first unread message by typing the letter n.  If you continue to use it, you will jump to the next unread message.  Of course, if it is the one immediately below, you can down arrow to get to it immediately as well but if it is a ways down, you may want to use n.

I didn't mention that the first time you use the command, a dialog comes up asking if you want to move to the next unread message.  As you continue to use the command, the dialog no longer appears.

Gene

On 1/16/2022 4:30 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
I just learned a command that is very useful in Thunderbird. Since I don't know how well known it is, I'm discussing it here. When you open a folder, you are placed at the top.  You can move to the first unread message by typing the letter n.  If you continue to use it, you will jump to the next unread message.  Of course, if it is the one immediately below, you can down arrow to get to it immediately as well but if it is a ways down, you may want to use n.

Gene

Abbie Taylor

Thanks for this, Gene. I've also discovered that this command will also work in an open message. Thunderbird will advance to the next unread message and open it.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...