ABBYY fine reader

Pablo Morales

Hello all,

Has anyone used ABBYY Fine reader lately?

I really like this OCR and I used it over 20 years ago. It was fully accessible for those days. However, I don’t know if their most recent versions are accessible.

Any advise would be appreciate,

Pablo

Joe Orozco

I'm still using an older version myself and love it for the reasons
you already stated. I too would be curious to know if more recent
versions are accessible.--Joe

--
Joe Orozco: Your Message, My Mission
https://joeorozco.com/services/

Pablo Morales

The most recent version is accessible. You can try it for 7 days for free.

I'm still using an older version myself and love it for the reasons you already stated. I too would be curious to know if more recent versions are accessible.--Joe

On 4/18/22, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone used ABBYY Fine reader lately?

I really like this OCR and I used it over 20 years ago. It was fully
accessible for those days. However, I don't know if their most recent
versions are accessible.

Any advise would be appreciate,

Pablo

--
Joe Orozco: Your Message, My Mission
https://joeorozco.com/services/

enes sarıbaş

Version 15, the latest is accessible.

On 4/18/2022 2:32 PM, Joe Orozco wrote:
I'm still using an older version myself and love it for the reasons
you already stated. I too would be curious to know if more recent
versions are accessible.--Joe

On 4/18/22, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone used ABBYY Fine reader lately?

I really like this OCR and I used it over 20 years ago. It was fully
accessible for those days. However, I don't know if their most recent
versions are accessible.

Any advise would be appreciate,

Pablo

Howard Traxler

Does this program operate the scanner to acquire the image to OCR? If so, what scanners does it support?

Thanks.
Howard

On 4/18/2022 6:55 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Version 15, the latest is accessible.

On 4/18/2022 2:32 PM, Joe Orozco wrote:
I'm still using an older version myself and love it for the reasons
you already stated. I too would be curious to know if more recent
versions are accessible.--Joe

On 4/18/22, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone used ABBYY Fine reader lately?

I really like this OCR and I used it over 20 years ago. It was fully
accessible for those days. However, I don't know if their most recent
versions are accessible.

Any advise would be appreciate,

Pablo

Monte Single

Hi Howard
Yes, abbyy finereader scans the document/image, and performs o c r.
I have used it oonly with Epson scanners, but I'm sur it works with canon, hp, brother, fujisu and more.

Does this program operate the scanner to acquire the image to OCR? If so, what scanners does it support?

Thanks.
Howard
On 4/18/2022 6:55 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Version 15, the latest is accessible.

On 4/18/2022 2:32 PM, Joe Orozco wrote:
I'm still using an older version myself and love it for the reasons
you already stated. I too would be curious to know if more recent
versions are accessible.--Joe

On 4/18/22, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone used ABBYY Fine reader lately?

I really like this OCR and I used it over 20 years ago. It was fully
accessible for those days. However, I don't know if their most
recent versions are accessible.

Any advise would be appreciate,

Pablo

enes sarıbaş

It will work with any scanner, and it does allow you to capture images from the scanner. Recognition is far better if you do this.

On 4/19/2022 8:59 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
[...]

Well, I've applied to do the seven day trial.  They sent me an email inviting me to download the program for trial.  They offer a list of uses for the program and it looks like I have to choose one of them.  Is there a shortcut to knowing the next steps to take advantage of this trial?  I'd like to just install it and use it without any more hokus pokus.  Suggestions, please?  Thank you.

Howard

On 4/19/2022 6:26 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
[...]

Well, I've installed it (ABBYY Fine Reader).  I'm not finding anything about scanning or recognizing.  It seems to want me to open a document and convert it to something else.  I don't find a setup choice anywhere so that I could tell it about my scanner, etc.  It seems to be called a Corporate version 15.  Do I have the wrong one?  HELP!?  Thank you.

Howard

On 4/19/2022 9:07 AM, Monte Single wrote:
[...]

press right arrow after open button. You will see scan button.

On 4/21/2022 10:38 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
[...]

OK, Got to the place where it should run the scanner but nothing happens.  It's trial version for only a week and it goes fast and I don't have a lot of time to play with it.  So I may just have to let it go.  The scanner is an HP envy 6455 all-in-one.  I can usually get it to scan and save a picture of a page using the HP software. But the HP software is not very accessible.  So I then have to flip to my documents folder and use NVDA to OCR the file.  Though it would be better if I could do it all with one software.

Any ideas?
Howard

On 4/21/2022 7:50 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
[...]

It should scan when you hit the scan button.  If it doesn't, could be an issue with your scanner drivers.