Topics

Accessibility voice on Roku TV

DJ

Hello to everyone,
I recently purchased a Roku TV from a relative. Before re-reset the television, the voice being used for accessibility was a crystal clear female voice. After resetting it however, the voice being used is the cheap generic computerized voice. I have searched and searched to no avail for a way to get that female voice back. It is far more human sounding and easier to understand. I have noticed that if I use the Roku app to search for something that the TV will announce in that female voice that it is launching that channel. That’s the only time I hear that particular voice. Does anyone have a clue how I can change it to a setting where it would always use that voice?
I will be forever grateful four a positive solution.
Have a great day.

Brent Harding

I heard a recorded demo that used the female voice as well, didn’t think it existed on Roku. I hate to reset my TV because then I will forever lose the ability to launch Spectrum on it. Why they eliminated Roku support unless you are grandfathered on, nobody knows, but they did. My dad bought me this TV for Christmas on the advice of Spectrum, maybe a year or so ago, because the little adapters the apt complex provides don’t speak, and I’m not sure that they can access the SAP feature easily, so it could be toggled if Spanish comes through instead.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of DJ
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 11:38 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessibility voice on Roku TV

Hello to everyone,

I recently purchased a Roku TV from a relative. Before re-reset the television, the voice being used for accessibility was a crystal clear female voice. After resetting it however, the voice being used is the cheap generic computerized voice. I have searched and searched to no avail for a way to get that female voice back. It is far more human sounding and easier to understand. I have noticed that if I use the Roku app to search for something that the TV will announce in that female voice that it is launching that channel. That’s the only time I hear that particular voice. Does anyone have a clue how I can change it to a setting where it would always use that voice?

I will be forever grateful four a positive solution.

Have a great day.