Topics

accessible disk imaging software.

hi all.
i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and
restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial
backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Akash Kakkar

You can go for Macrium Reflect Workstation edition. not fully accessible, but workarounds will work.

On 9/25/2020 10:21 AM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and
restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial
backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Smiling?

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Akash Kakkar

When I last checked, incremental backups were not available in image for windows.

On 9/25/2020 12:51 PM, Smiling? wrote:
Image for Windows:

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Smiling?

Interesting, I was thinking that Image for Windows could successfully create incremental backups, but apparently you are correct, it only does full and differential backups because of incremental backups tending to be troublesome.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Akash Kakkar

Ya bro, that's the problematic thing about Image for windows. Otherwise, I liked it's interface but left it due to the lack of incremental backups. actually I've tried tons of Imaging solutions but none is properly accessible.

On 9/25/2020 1:20 PM, Smiling? wrote:
Interesting, I was thinking that Image for Windows could successfully create incremental backups, but apparently you are correct, it only does full and differential backups because of incremental backups tending to be troublesome.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Gerald Levy

Here's the bottom line.  There is no inmaging program that is completely accessible.  Macrium Reflect is accessible only for creating the backup image on an external hard drive.  But sighted assistance is needed to restore this image because there is no speech available during the restoration procedure.  This is true of all imaging programs; the backup procedure may be accessible, but sighted help is almost certainly needed to restore the saved image.

Gerald

On 9/25/2020 4:04 AM, Akash Kakkar wrote:
Ya bro, that's the problematic thing about Image for windows. Otherwise, I liked it's interface but left it due to the lack of incremental backups. actually I've tried tons of Imaging solutions but none is properly accessible.

On 9/25/2020 1:20 PM, Smiling? wrote:
Interesting, I was thinking that Image for Windows could successfully create incremental backups, but apparently you are correct, it only does full and differential backups because of incremental backups tending to be troublesome.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Rob Hudson

That's why there is the windows talking PE. Between that and something like active@ diskimage lite, you can restore your backups.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and
restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and
differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10
properly.
please suggest

James Bentley

Restoration of an image is accesible via Narrator when using Image for Windows because Narrator comes on the Image for Windows recovery disk which can be copied to a USB drive.  I haven’t checked the price lately but it cost around forty bucks a couple years back for the ability to use it on five PC’s.

One does need one-time help to change the boot sequence on their PC or, one-time assistance to memorize the keystrokes to change the boot menu to boot up off the recovery disk.

Macrium Reflect  is an excellant free choice but one will always need sighted help to run the recovery disk.  Not too bad of a deal to get your complete drive back.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Akash Kakkar

Macrium reflect's recovery environment is also based on Win PE and narrator works there perfectly.

On 9/25/2020 9:23 PM, James Bentley wrote:

[...]

You are unfortunately wrong, it’s completely accessible. It’s you the user, who needs to know how to access these accessibilities with speech by using Windows PE with speech along with a portable version of Image for Windows as was already mentioned.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Gerald Levy

Are there any podcasts that demonstrate how to create this magical talking PE disk, plus a demonstration of how to use it to restore a backup image from an external hard drive without sighted help of any kind? The owner/moderator of the defunct JAWS Users email list, David Ferrin, who has apparently vanished into the ether, created a podcast on his Help page that demonstrated how to use Image for Windows with a series of CD's to restore a backup image, but this was years ago before he shut down the list and help site, and Image for Windows is apparently a much different program now.

Gerald

On 9/26/2020 4:49 AM, Smiling? wrote:

You are unfortunately wrong, it’s completely accessible. It’s you the user, who needs to know how to access these accessibilities with speech by using Windows PE with speech along with a portable version of Image for Windows as was already mentioned.

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

Smiling?

Actually no, Image for Windows truly hasn’t changed much at all. It has updated several times, but really not changed. So that podcast that you speak of will give you a decent idea of what to do with even todays versions.

Using Windows10 PE with speech though, is different and no, I unfortunately do  not know of any podcasts available. Hopefully others do, and share the various links.

I do believe that Windows will burn .ISO images to disc though (granted you actually do have whichever type drive to burn the disc). Yes it will, and the link’s below.

How to Burn ISO Files in Windows 10 - WindowsAble:

https://windowsable.com/burn-iso-files-windows-10/

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

James Bentley

does Narrator come preinstalled with the Macrium reflect recovery disk like it does with Image for Windows or, do I have to install Narrator myself to make the MR recovery disk useable with Narrator?

James B

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

hi.
i purchashed image for windows.
i installed it.
now i have so many options of making a boot disk.
which boot disk i need to make, what options do i need to select to
make it accessible after booting from the disk.
please help.

On 9/25/20, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:
Image for Windows:

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

i require an accessible disk imaging software that can backup and restore
windows 10 and data and also has incrimental and differencial backup
features.
i used to use active@disk image but it doesnt restore windows 10 properly.
please suggest

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

also which compression will give the smallest backup and does it
verify automatically?

On 10/6/20, Austin Pinto via groups.io
<austinpinto.xaviers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

also a final question.
i did a backup of my pc.
i want to rename the folder but it doesnt let me rename it saying i
need permission from administrators.
i am an administrator.
what to do.

[...]

In how much amount you baught it?

On 10/6/2020 11:22 AM, Austin Pinto wrote:
[...]

Steve Matzura

Making an accessible, bootable recovery disk using Image for Windows is explained in this article on the Terabyte site. I don't remember if it covers changing the option to make Narrator start at boot time, but that one is easy to find by editing the options file as described in the tutorial mentioned above.  I've been thinking of making a program on how to do this very thing because many have asked me how to do it, so if I make such a program, the next time someone asks, I can send it to them.