Topics

Accessible Sip client for smart phone's.

Muhammed Demirölçen

Hi everyone, I know very little English and I use Google Translate.
I apologize for translation mistakes.
I have to work from home because of the pandemic.
I am working in a school.
I am responsible for the school switchboard.
I directed the school phone to my voip number and I am receiving calls from my home.
There are internal extensions on the Sip and I have given an extension to each of the school administrators.
School administrators do not want to do this on the computer.
Please can you recommend a Sip Client that can work on smartphones and is compatible with Android and IOS?
Thanks for your help.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

This was recently discussed on two topics on the Android Accessibility Group:

voip app suggestions and Seeking good VoiceOverIP (VOIP) Client For Android

Those topics are worth looking at.  Whether or not an iOS port of the recommended apps exists I do not know.

Muhammed Demirölçen

No, you misunderstood me.
School administrators are not visually impaired.
I'm looking for a small, voice-only program that administrators can use, even if it's not accessible to me.
I am already using Microsip on the computer.
I will not use the program I requested.

13.10.2020 20:34 tarihinde Brian Vogel yazdı:

This was recently discussed on two topics on the Android Accessibility Group:

voip app suggestions and Seeking good VoiceOverIP (VOIP) Client For Android

Those topics are worth looking at.  Whether or not an iOS port of the recommended apps exists I do not know.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I really didn't misunderstand you.  The fact that the SIP apps (and sometimes you don't even need those, as some phones have SIP capabilities and handle those via settings) are accessible to the blind doesn't mean they're inaccessible to the sighted.

I'd also think, that if you are responsible for all this, you'd prefer something that you can access and play with before putting it into the hands of others.  They'll almost certainly be asking you questions, and it helps if you've tried out the software yourself.

Muhammed Demirölçen

Thank you for the information.
I will install a program called Zoiper on the phones of the managers.
I used this program for a while.
So I do not predict that I will have problems.
This program has a lot of features.
Actually, many of them are unnecessary to me.
I will only answer the calls of those who want to phone the School and transfer the call to the managers.
Since I won't be making video calls, it doesn't need to be a very sophisticated program.
That's why I wanted to ask.

13.10.2020 21:00 tarihinde Brian Vogel yazdı:

I really didn't misunderstand you.  The fact that the SIP apps (and sometimes you don't even need those, as some phones have SIP capabilities and handle those via settings) are accessible to the blind doesn't mean they're inaccessible to the sighted.

I'd also think, that if you are responsible for all this, you'd prefer something that you can access and play with before putting it into the hands of others.  They'll almost certainly be asking you questions, and it helps if you've tried out the software yourself.

Norman

Someone mentioned zoiper in this thread, It is worth noting, zoiper can not transfer calls with the free version, that is a feature you have to pay for.

On 10/13/2020 12:55 PM, Muhammed Demirölçen wrote:
Hi everyone, I know very little English and I use Google Translate.
I apologize for translation mistakes.
I have to work from home because of the pandemic.
I am working in a school.
I am responsible for the school switchboard.
I directed the school phone to my voip number and I am receiving calls from my home.
There are internal extensions on the Sip and I have given an extension to each of the school administrators.
School administrators do not want to do this on the computer.
Please can you recommend a Sip Client that can work on smartphones and is compatible with Android and IOS?
Thanks for your help.

Rob Hudson

And it is not at all accessible with JAWS. Maybe the android or iphone app works better, but on the computer, it's a complete bust.

On 10/13/2020 12:55 PM, Muhammed Demirlen wrote:
Hi everyone, I know very little English and I use Google Translate.
I apologize for translation mistakes.
I have to work from home because of the pandemic.
I am working in a school.
I am responsible for the school switchboard.
I directed the school phone to my voip number and I am receiving calls
from my home.
There are internal extensions on the Sip and I have given an extension
to each of the school administrators.
School administrators do not want to do this on the computer.
Please can you recommend a Sip Client that can work on smartphones and
is compatible with Android and IOS?
Thanks for your help.

Muhammed Demirölçen

I will only transfer calls anyway and I am using Microsip on the computer.
Other managers will not transfer calls.
They will only make phone calls to the people I transfer their calls to.
Zoiper program not enough?

13.10.2020 22:57 tarihinde Norman yazdı:

[...]

Yes you are right.
I use Microsip on my computer.
I will work from my home and Zoiper is not required for me.
Only the principal and vice principals will use the Zoiper program.

13.10.2020 23:09 tarihinde Rob Hudson yazdı:

[...]

Zoiper is actually pretty good on android and IOS.

I just wish there was a better client for windows than microsip. My biggest issue with it is that i can't have multiple accounts registered at the same time.

On 10/13/2020 4:09 PM, Rob Hudson wrote:
[...]

I understand.
There is no situation that requires me to login with more than one account right now.
I just need to check the school phone and divert incoming calls to the principal or vice principals, depending on the situation.