From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dis Rojanasopondist via groups.io
Sent: June 27, 2022 6:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible Streaming Service for the Blind #a11y

Hi everyone! My name is Dis and I represent Diamond.la, a technology company that was founded by Global Accessibility Awareness Day co-founder Joe Devon.

I'm super excited to be a part of the blind community and my mission in life is to make a difference for people with low vision or blind like myself, I have a request for anyone who may be interested in this opportunity to make that difference by participating in our survey. We're looking for people who identify as blind or have low vision to complete a 35 to 45 minutes online survey about streaming services. We are giving out a $30 digital gift card to each respondent.

If you're interested please message me below and let's get connected in making the internet a better place for our community.
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn as well https://www.linkedin.com/in/dis/ looking forward to chatting and making new friends.

Melissa

I'm definitely interested. I look forward to hearing back from you.

On 6/27/22, DAVID GLOBE <dglobe@...> wrote:
Hello Dis

I'm interested in your survey. Admittedly I've not had a lot of success
with filling these out, using jfw, but I'll give it a go.

David

[...]

Mich Verrier

Hi I am also interested in your servay as well. From Mich.

[...]

Gene

Please stop asking for information online.  The original poster should have given contact information in the message because most blind people don't know how to reply to the sender.  He should write back, giving the e-mail address he wants people to use and to protect himself from his address being seen by spam bots that might collect it to send spam to, it should be changed such as the word at being written out rather than the at sign used.  If everyone who wants to participate  in the survey responds lists, there might be over one-hundred or over one-hundred-fifty I'm interested responses.

I have already explained how to get the address using Thunderbird.   I hope someone explains how to get it using Outlook.  Since you never know when you might want to write someone privately, I hope people keep the descriptions for reference if they think they won't remember how this is done.

Gene, owner

On 6/27/2022 9:00 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
[...]

Victor

Hello:

I am interested in your survey as well. I look forward to connecting with you.

Best regards,

Victor Lawrence

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:00 PM, Mich Verrier <michv@...> wrote:

[...]

I just checked and using the method I described to get the address in this case doesn't work.  I don't know technically what the sender is doing but the address shown in this way is not a valid e-mail address.  Usually, the address shown in this way is the address of the sender.  Through some nonstandard method, the sender is not using his e-mail address in proper form within the headers of the message itself.

I tried using the reply to sender link in the footer of the message and that does open a message with the proper address.  However, it is not explained that this link in the footer needs to be used and most blind people on Groups.io lists don't know about this link.

If you still have the original message and want to contact the sender, use the reply to sender link in the footer of the message.
Gene, owner

Armando

Hey. Can you send me the link? Thank you.

Sent From My iPhone