Accessible TV's right out of the box

Blaster

Hi list, Since Amazon is having their big 2 day sale I was wondering
if anyone could tell me if any of the talking brands are accessible
right out of the box, since I don't have sighted assistance. I found
these brands available.
Toshiba, Samsung & Insignia.
If anyone has set one of these TV's up from scratch I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Blaster

Merv Keck

Toshiba Fire TV is accessible right out of the box. I have the 43 inch and it has 4 HDMI and one thumb drive which I use extensively to view media I previously saved to my computer. It also has Alexa built in so I can control it with my voice if I so choose. I needed no help or vision to put this together or to connect it to anything. It also has voice view which is very customizable.
Merv

On Jun 21, 2021, at 8:33 PM, Blaster <blaster.nil8@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi list, Since Amazon is having their big 2 day sale I was wondering
if anyone could tell me if any of the talking brands are accessible
right out of the box, since I don't have sighted assistance. I found
these brands available.
Toshiba, Samsung & Insignia.
If anyone has set one of these TV's up from scratch I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Blaster

Blaster

Thanks, That's great to know!
Is the instructions for activating the voice view in the supplied
documentation or did you find it out on your own?

Regards,
Blaster

On 6/21/21, Merv Keck via groups.io <blind5sparrow=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

We googled what we needed. But it is pretty self explanatory once it is turned on. And there are quite a few people on groups who own them now.
The accessible remote was refreshed this spring along with the Toshiba Fire TV which is available in a variety of sizes all the way up to 75 inches if you have watchers with vision.
Merv