From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ahmed Ibrahim Abu al maaly via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 2:18 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible windows software to convert image files to PDF files

Hello tick-tock list members I need a software that can work on windows to convert JPG image files to PDF files

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 04:28 PM, Frank Ventura wrote:
Can you import the image file into a Word document and then save it as an .pdf?
-
That definitely will work.  But what I can't figure out here is whether said JPG files are, say, scans of articles that the PDF is wanted to be able to do OCR on.  If that's the case, using Word to save as PDF and then OCR-ing the PDF and saving the text layer will work.

If they're not text-based image files, I can't imagine why PDF format is preferable.

Norma A. Boge

Hi,

What Windows are you running? If you have Win 10, find your JPG file. hit
the keystrokes for print. This will bring up a list of options, arrow to
Microsoft to PDF and hit enter and that should do it. I had to do this
recently, I believe I am recalling the steps accurately.
If you're using Win 7 I can't say if the above will work or not.

HTH
Norma

If you have Photos