accidental message deletion

Monte Single

Hi List,

I am using current version of n v d a in win 10 202h  and m s outlook 2016……………

In the last few days, I am accidentally deleting messages in my inbox.

Iclose the messages   with the escape key and delete them with the delete key.

Say, I have forty messages in the inbox;  as i read them, I delete them unless I move them to another  folderor copy the contents of the message to a new text file.

.

Then I press the delete key which places the read message in the deleted folder.

But, sometimes when I press the delete key,  it not only deletes the current message, but all messages below it………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

This is a new experience for me and not a good one.

It acts as if I have selected all files below the one I have just read  and deleting  all of them.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Thanks,

Mont

Gene

You said you are using the current version of NVDA.  That version hasn’t been out long.  Did the problem start soon or immediately after you started using the new version?  If so, try reverting to the previous version.  Before reverting, you may want to try the program with a different screen-reader to see if the problem occurs.

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 6:46 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] accidental message deletion

[...]

Thomas N. Chan

It sounds like you turn on the group by conversation in outlook.
Can you check if it's turned on?
hit  alt - v g and then c

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 07:49, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Gene,

I just checked  and I am still using n v d a 2021.1