From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Spitz
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 12:19 PM
To: main <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Adding SD cards to Victor Stream Second Generation

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Peter Spitz

Did you have to format it in any way or does the Victor Stream
automatically do that?

Thanks!

On 11/23/21, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
Peter, I have a 128 in my Victor Stream with about 425 books on it.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large a
card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Carolyn Arnold

Mine was ready. I have had to format a 32 one that a friend of mine sent me a version of the Bible on. Of course, with formatting, there went the Bible, so I just downloaded King James read by Alexander Scorby to it, and it works fine.

The reason I had to reformat the 32 was that I kept getting an error message on it.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Monte Single

I have heard of cards as large as 256 gig being used on the stream. Cards larger than 32 gig must first be formatted to fat32 on your pc.
Then you can put the card in your stream, and push the menu button, that's the 7 key, till you hear format. Then press the confirm key which is the key below the 9 key and wait for the formatting to happen.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Monte Single

It is most likely you were getting error messages is that the card with the bible on it was not formatted to fat 32, and most importantly, it did not have the folder structure that the stream requires on its storage cards.
That is why the sd cards used in the stream must first be formatted by the stream............................

Cheers,

Mont

Mine was ready. I have had to format a 32 one that a friend of mine sent me a version of the Bible on. Of course, with formatting, there went the Bible, so I just downloaded King James read by Alexander Scorby to it, and it works fine.

The reason I had to reformat the 32 was that I kept getting an error message on it.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Peter Spitz

Pardon my ignorance but how do I convert the 128 GB card on my pc to FAT 32?

On 11/23/21, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
I have heard of cards as large as 256 gig being used on the stream. Cards
larger than 32 gig must first be formatted to fat32 on your pc.
Then you can put the card in your stream, and push the menu button, that's
the 7 key, till you hear format. Then press the confirm key which is the
key below the 9 key and wait for the formatting to happen.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Monte Single

Do you have an s d card reader on or connected to your pc?
If yes, insert the s d card;
Select the card in your list of drives;
Open the context menu and choose, "format";
In the dropdown list of format types, choose fat32;
Press enter.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How
large a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Laz

I'm afraid FAT32 only shows up in the combo box if the memory card is
32GB or less when formatting a memory card in a Windows PC. He should
just format memory cards higher than 32GB in his Victor Reader Stream.

Stay well,

Laz

On 11/23/21, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Do you have an s d card reader on or connected to your pc?
If yes, insert the s d card;
Select the card in your list of drives;
Open the context menu and choose, "format";
In the dropdown list of format types, choose fat32;
Press enter.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How
large a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the
Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Carolyn Arnold

Maybe, since I bought my 128 from Laz, he formatted it; I certainly did not.

I have heard of cards as large as 256 gig being used on the stream. Cards larger than 32 gig must first be formatted to fat32 on your pc.
Then you can put the card in your stream, and push the menu button, that's the 7 key, till you hear format. Then press the confirm key which is the key below the 9 key and wait for the formatting to happen.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Carolyn Arnold

Something to always remember for the future, thanks, Monte.

Mine was ready. I have had to format a 32 one that a friend of mine sent me a version of the Bible on. Of course, with formatting, there went the Bible, so I just downloaded King James read by Alexander Scorby to it, and it works fine.

The reason I had to reformat the 32 was that I kept getting an error message on it.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Carolyn Arnold

You do not put your 128 back to 32. He told you how to reformat the 128, or whichever card you use. It just formats the card to the Victor Stream.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How
large a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Laz

That's correct Carolyn; we did that for you.

Stay well,

Laz

On 11/24/21, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
Maybe, since I bought my 128 from Laz, he formatted it; I certainly did not.

I need to add some SD cards to my second gen Victor Stream. How large
a card can I use? How do I format the card for use with the Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks, have about 425 books on it, and it works just fine.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/