adjustable bed frames?

heather albright

Hay, does anyone have an adjustable bed frame? I was looking in to  one to help with my MS. But, they have remotes and menus. They say they work with google or Alexa  however, if your speaker is not working or the net is down, you can be screwed. I was trying to see if it had a remote like Alexa or the Samsung remotes. I saw 2 types, one was really flat paneled and the other has a lot of buttons; I gather you can program it or something.  I was hoping someone had one so they can tell me how their remote works and if the app is accessible if I need it. I tried to google it and chatted with someone and they had no clue about voice over or talk back; they only knew if it worked with google or Alexa.  I was really hoping they had a remote from Samsung as they seem to be accessible.

Thanks for any info. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Jude DaShiell

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked. The top of the bed when
it did work could raise and lower using the motor. The control only had
two large buttons on it one to raise the top and the other to lower the
top. There were no menus of any kind on the bed. The reason the motor no
longer works was a cat that was into chewing on wires.
I don't know if such a model even if you could find it would fit your
needs.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.

heather albright

That sounds good, the new ones all seem to be controlled by the app and the remote. They said they are accessible because they work with the speaker. But, I want to use the adjustable bed with out accessing my speaker. I am kind of turned off as I was reading the reviews that they do not have a long shelf life and somehow the warranty does not cover you when the thing brakes. The mattress usually outlast these adjustable frames. I was so looking forward to it as I really want to sleep with no pain!   So if I can use one to give a chance, that would be good.

Cheers Heather

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked.  The top of the bed when

it did work could raise and lower using the motor.  The control only had

two large buttons on it one to raise the top and the other to lower the

top.  There were no menus of any kind on the bed.  The reason the motor no

longer works was a cat that was into chewing on wires.

I don't know if such a model even if you could find it would fit your

needs.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in

defense of liberty:

-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.

Monte Single

Probably, around the turn of the century, I put together a win98 pc for a
friend in exchange for haircuts.

He gave it to his grandson.
A while later, he informed me the mouse was no longer working.
The mouse was dead as one of the cats had been chewing on the curly,
springy, bouncy cord connecting the mouse to the pc.
No more curly cords for those cats.

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked. The top of the bed when
it did work could raise and lower using the motor. The control only had two
large buttons on it one to raise the top and the other to lower the top.
There were no menus of any kind on the bed. The reason the motor no longer
works was a cat that was into chewing on wires.
I don't know if such a model even if you could find it would fit your needs.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in defense
of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.

Jude DaShiell

Older models are simpler to repair since they have electromechanicals but
no electronics. I'm going to recommend something here and I don't like it
since you if you do it will be taking a gamble. Look for refurbished
kraftmatic beds. If you get a good one it won't have any electronics on
it but will come with a new mattress.
Walmart may be a good source since it sells lots of refurbished items
these days. I would avoid ebay though since your likely to be ripped off
far more on ebay than walmart.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022, heather albright wrote:

[...]

Howard Traxler

We bought a Temperpedic some years ago.  It has an adjustable base.  I think they call it a foundation. It goes up and down at the head and around knee level.  It has a remote that looks like a TV remote and has regular buttons.  The buttons are rubberized.  Has four programmable memories.  Also has a serious bunch of vibrating positions.

Howard

--
Any certainty is a delusion.

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, This is Vicky and I have an adjustable bed frame. I’ve had it for probably over 10 years, so it was not made to work with an app.

It has a hand hold remote that has a long cord that plugs into an outlet.

The center button is round and that puts it back to normal or flat.

The upper 2 buttons are for raising the head of the bed and then the other is for lowering it back again.

The loer 2 buttons are for raising the foot of the bed and the other is for lowering it back to normal.

As you can see, this one does not do the lowering either the head or foot past the flat.  Newer

Frames can do this and if I was doing this now, I would get such a frame.

My bed bends from the end of the matris to the middle, whether I am working the head or the foot.  I don’t know if any of the newer frames might brake it into the 3 areas of head, middle and then foot, which would be nice.

Hope all this helps.

Sincerely, Vicky