adjustable bed frames?

heather albright

Hay, does anyone have an adjustable bed frame? I was looking in to  one to help with my MS. But, they have remotes and menus. They say they work with google or Alexa  however, if your speaker is not working or the net is down, you can be screwed. I was trying to see if it had a remote like Alexa or the Samsung remotes. I saw 2 types, one was really flat paneled and the other has a lot of buttons; I gather you can program it or something.  I was hoping someone had one so they can tell me how their remote works and if the app is accessible if I need it. I tried to google it and chatted with someone and they had no clue about voice over or talk back; they only knew if it worked with google or Alexa.  I was really hoping they had a remote from Samsung as they seem to be accessible.

Thanks for any info. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Jude DaShiell

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked. The top of the bed when
it did work could raise and lower using the motor. The control only had
two large buttons on it one to raise the top and the other to lower the
top. There were no menus of any kind on the bed. The reason the motor no
longer works was a cat that was into chewing on wires.
I don't know if such a model even if you could find it would fit your
needs.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

heather albright

That sounds good, the new ones all seem to be controlled by the app and the remote. They said they are accessible because they work with the speaker. But, I want to use the adjustable bed with out accessing my speaker. I am kind of turned off as I was reading the reviews that they do not have a long shelf life and somehow the warranty does not cover you when the thing brakes. The mattress usually outlast these adjustable frames. I was so looking forward to it as I really want to sleep with no pain!   So if I can use one to give a chance, that would be good.

Cheers Heather  

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2022 11:56 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io; TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] adjustable bed frames?

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked.  The top of the bed when

it did work could raise and lower using the motor.  The control only had

top.  There were no menus of any kind on the bed.  The reason the motor no

needs.

defense of liberty:

Monte Single

Probably, around the turn of the century, I put together a win98 pc for a
friend in exchange for haircuts.

He gave it to his grandson.
A while later, he informed me the mouse was no longer working.
The mouse was dead as one of the cats had been chewing on the curly,
springy, bouncy cord connecting the mouse to the pc.
No more curly cords for those cats.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jude
DaShiell
Sent: December 2, 2022 11:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io; TechTalk@groups.io

I have an old kraftmatic that at one time worked. The top of the bed when
it did work could raise and lower using the motor. The control only had two
large buttons on it one to raise the top and the other to lower the top.
There were no menus of any kind on the bed. The reason the motor no longer
works was a cat that was into chewing on wires.
I don't know if such a model even if you could find it would fit your needs.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in defense
of liberty:

Jude DaShiell

Older models are simpler to repair since they have electromechanicals but
no electronics. I'm going to recommend something here and I don't like it
since you if you do it will be taking a gamble. Look for refurbished
kraftmatic beds. If you get a good one it won't have any electronics on
it but will come with a new mattress.
Walmart may be a good source since it sells lots of refurbished items
these days. I would avoid ebay though since your likely to be ripped off
far more on ebay than walmart.

defense of liberty:

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022, heather albright wrote:

That sounds good, the new ones all seem to be controlled by the app and the remote. They said they are accessible because they work with the speaker. But, I want to use the adjustable bed with out
accessing my speaker. I am kind of turned off as I was reading the reviews that they do not have a long shelf life and somehow the warranty does not cover you when the thing brakes. The mattress
usually outlast these adjustable frames. I was so looking forward to it as I really want to sleep with no pain!   So if I can use one to give a chance, that would be good.

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Howard Traxler

We bought a Temperpedic some years ago.  It has an adjustable base.  I think they call it a foundation. It goes up and down at the head and around knee level.  It has a remote that looks like a TV remote and has regular buttons.  The buttons are rubberized.  Has four programmable memories.  Also has a serious bunch of vibrating positions.

Howard

On 12/2/2022 11:46 PM, heather albright wrote:

Hay, does anyone have an adjustable bed frame? I was looking in to  one to help with my MS. But, they have remotes and menus. They say they work with google or Alexa  however, if your speaker is not working or the net is down, you can be screwed. I was trying to see if it had a remote like Alexa or the Samsung remotes. I saw 2 types, one was really flat paneled and the other has a lot of buttons; I gather you can program it or something.  I was hoping someone had one so they can tell me how their remote works and if the app is accessible if I need it. I tried to google it and chatted with someone and they had no clue about voice over or talk back; they only knew if it worked with google or Alexa.  I was really hoping they had a remote from Samsung as they seem to be accessible.

-- 
Any certainty is a delusion.

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, This is Vicky and I have an adjustable bed frame. I’ve had it for probably over 10 years, so it was not made to work with an app.

It has a hand hold remote that has a long cord that plugs into an outlet. 

The center button is round and that puts it back to normal or flat.

The upper 2 buttons are for raising the head of the bed and then the other is for lowering it back again.

The loer 2 buttons are for raising the foot of the bed and the other is for lowering it back to normal.

As you can see, this one does not do the lowering either the head or foot past the flat.  Newer

Frames can do this and if I was doing this now, I would get such a frame.

My bed bends from the end of the matris to the middle, whether I am working the head or the foot.  I don’t know if any of the newer frames might brake it into the 3 areas of head, middle and then foot, which would be nice.

Hope all this helps.

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 12:47 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] adjustable bed frames?

Virus-free.www.avg.com

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Heather, Try asking the store if they might still have one of the older style frames that are strictly mechanical, if that doesn’t get you what you want, maby try advertising for one on Craig’s list or Ebay.

Like mine, I’m sure they are out there and maybe someone will sell you theirs and they then would be able to get one of the newer ones that can do the various kinds of adjusting.

Have you also considered getting an air mattress?  I haven’t tried one, but I hear that they can be quite comfortable.

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 1:28 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

That sounds good, the new ones all seem to be controlled by the app and the remote. They said they are accessible because they work with the speaker. But, I want to use the adjustable bed with out accessing my speaker. I am kind of turned off as I was reading the reviews that they do not have a long shelf life and somehow the warranty does not cover you when the thing brakes. The mattress usually outlast these adjustable frames. I was so looking forward to it as I really want to sleep with no pain!   So if I can use one to give a chance, that would be good.

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Virus-free.www.avg.com

Gene

Is this the same sort of bed that is used in hospitals?  When I've been in hospital, the beds have all had buttons on the frames that could be used to raise and lower the top part and the bottom part of the frame. 

Gene

On 12/3/2022 10:46 AM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi Heather, Try asking the store if they might still have one of the older style frames that are strictly mechanical, if that doesn’t get you what you want, maby try advertising for one on Craig’s list or Ebay.

Like mine, I’m sure they are out there and maybe someone will sell you theirs and they then would be able to get one of the newer ones that can do the various kinds of adjusting.

Have you also considered getting an air mattress?  I haven’t tried one, but I hear that they can be quite comfortable.

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Virus-free.www.avg.com

Monte Single

Hi Gene,  yes, I was in the hospital for a few days 6 years ago.  You have to be able to turn on your side, reach around your body to use the buttons on the side of the bed.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: December 3, 2022 10:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Is this the same sort of bed that is used in hospitals?  When I've been in hospital, the beds have all had buttons on the frames that could be used to raise and lower the top part and the bottom part of the frame. 

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Gene

It may vary.  I was able to use them while on my back.  They were on the side of the bed, the inner inside in the structures that are a little taller than you are lying down. 

Gene

On 12/3/2022 10:53 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi Gene,  yes, I was in the hospital for a few days 6 years ago.  You have to be able to turn on your side, reach around your body to use the buttons on the side of the bed.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: December 3, 2022 10:50 AM

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

heather albright

No, the bed frame comes with a remote with buttons. Also, they tell me they work with alexa and google so you can tell it what to do.  But, the remotes they showed me were either slick or had to many buttons on it. It would be hard to label them for sure. Some of the buttons brought up a menu  to select what you want or to preset it. I am still looking though.

Heather  

Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 10:50 AM

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Cristóbal

My parents a couple of years ago replaced their traditional queen bed for two full GhostBeds and just have them side by side. https://www.ghostbed.com/

They have been completely happy with their choice. They can independently manipulate their bed to however they’re most comfortable without bothering each other and find the mattresses very comfortable as well. Suckers aren’t cheap though. I think they scored a deal at Costco at the time. If memory serves they had some on display and they were able to check them out before whipping out the credit card. It might be worth seeing if any stores have some on display to see if they’re something you may be looking for.

Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 4:14 PM

No, the bed frame comes with a remote with buttons. Also, they tell me they work with alexa and google so you can tell it what to do.  But, the remotes they showed me were either slick or had to many buttons on it. It would be hard to label them for sure. Some of the buttons brought up a menu  to select what you want or to preset it. I am still looking though.

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Vicky Vaughan

What are GhostBeds?  I’ve never heard of them. Google didn’t tell me much more than that they were good for stomach sleepers.  Can you tell us a bit more about them?

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 11:49 PM

My parents a couple of years ago replaced their traditional queen bed for two full GhostBeds and just have them side by side. https://www.ghostbed.com/

They have been completely happy with their choice. They can independently manipulate their bed to however they’re most comfortable without bothering each other and find the mattresses very comfortable as well. Suckers aren’t cheap though. I think they scored a deal at Costco at the time. If memory serves they had some on display and they were able to check them out before whipping out the credit card. It might be worth seeing if any stores have some on display to see if they’re something you may be looking for.

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Cristóbal

I provided the link to the website… you can read all about them there. I don’t’ personally own one. Just that my parents bought them and are happy with their purchase. I’m sure you can look up reviews on other websites as well.

Cristóbal

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 5:43 AM

What are GhostBeds?  I’ve never heard of them. Google didn’t tell me much more than that they were good for stomach sleepers.  Can you tell us a bit more about them?

Sincerely, Vicky

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

E.M. Kirtley

You might ask Alexa. 

Ms. Kirtley

Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 5:42 AM

Sincerely, Vicky

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

heather albright

I think it is a brand, a mattress in a box. It is good for stomach sleepers and it is medium firm. At lest that was on the ghost website. Cheers Heather

Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 3:15 PM

You might ask Alexa. 

Ms. Kirtley

Sincerely, Vicky

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty:

Cristóbal

Well, I know my parents aren’t stomach sleepers, so there’s that. I’m sure there are tons of reviews on different sites that can give a more detailed breakdown on these beds…

Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 6:17 PM

I think it is a brand, a mattress in a box. It is good for stomach sleepers and it is medium firm. At lest that was on the ghost website. Cheers Heather

Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 3:15 PM

You might ask Alexa. 

Ms. Kirtley

Sincerely, Vicky

Heather  

Gene

Sincerely, Vicky

Cheers Heather  

needs.

defense of liberty: