Topics

Adjusting Read to Go reading speed?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, I am using Read to Go to read a Bookshare book on an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.03.  While I can adjust the speed of Voice Over, I have not found any way to increase the reading of the book speed.  The slowness is driving me crazy.

At the bottom of the screen I have found other controls, but none for the reading speed.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Hi Vicki,
If you go to the fourth tab from the left and flip down a couple there should be some thing that says reading speed. This will allow you to adjust the speed at which read aloud will read a book to you.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Jan 9, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, I am using Read to Go to read a Bookshare book on an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.03.  While I can adjust the speed of Voice Over, I have not found any way to increase the reading of the book speed.  The slowness is driving me crazy.

At the bottom of the screen I have found other controls, but none for the reading speed.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Vicky Vaughan

Thanks, but I must be doing something wrong.  No matter which button I choose, when I swipe down, all I get are: “Hints enabled” and then “Hints disabled”.

The buttons from which I can choose include: My books, Navigation, Set bookmark, Settings, Previous section, Previous phrase, Play/Pause, Next phrase and lastly, Next Section.

Of course, Settings would make the most sense, but it also just gives me the: “Hints enabled” and then “Hints disabled”. ” like all the rest.

Can you tell what I need to do to speed the reading voice up?

Thanks very much for trying to help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

If you go to the fourth tab from the left and flip down a couple there should be some thing that says reading speed. This will allow you to adjust the speed at which read aloud will read a book to you.

Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Jan 9, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, I am using Read to Go to read a Bookshare book on an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.03.  While I can adjust the speed of Voice Over, I have not found any way to increase the reading of the book speed.  The slowness is driving me crazy.

At the bottom of the screen I have found other controls, but none for the reading speed.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

www.avg.com

If you were holding your phone in portrait mode it should be the second tab from the right.

Ashley