Topics

Alexa App For iPhone Now Requires CAPTCHA for Log-in

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I had to make a change in the Alexa App this morning.  When I tried logging in, I was presented with a captcha request. There is an audio challenge, but it is garbled and I can't hear it well enough or type it quick enough to log in.

How has anyone else dealt with this issue?  I have already complained to the Amazon Disability line and asked that in future releases of the app that this 2 level authentication be made optional upon installation.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Donna

Hi Ron,

I encountered the captcha request when I deleted the Alexa app, to start anew bringing other Alexa online. I had no trouble understanding the series of numbers or entering the numbers. My problem was that the correct numbers entered wasn't recognized as being correct. After 7 attempts & frustration, I had my partner to enter the picture code for me. There has to be a simple to work with solution that websites & apps can use to make the log-in process less of a hassle for the blind & deaf-blindcommunity.

Donna

Hi Group,

I had to make a change in the Alexa App this morning. When I tried logging in, I was presented with a captcha request. There is an audio challenge, but it is garbled and I can't hear it well enough or type it quick enough to log in.

How has anyone else dealt with this issue? I have already complained to the Amazon Disability line and asked that in future releases of the app that this 2 level authentication be made optional upon installation.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sharon Hooley

In the meantime, you might want to try using Be My Eyes or Aira.

www.CochlearAmericas.com