Topics

Alexa App For iPhone Now Requires CAPTCHA for Log-in

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I had to make a change in the Alexa App this morning.  When I tried logging in, I was presented with a captcha request. There is an audio challenge, but it is garbled and I can't hear it well enough or type it quick enough to log in.

How has anyone else dealt with this issue?  I have already complained to the Amazon Disability line and asked that in future releases of the app that this 2 level authentication be made optional upon installation.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Donna

Hi Ron,

I encountered the captcha request when I deleted the Alexa app, to start anew bringing other Alexa online. I had no trouble understanding the series of numbers or entering the numbers. My problem was that the correct numbers entered wasn't recognized as being correct. After 7 attempts & frustration, I had my partner to enter the picture code for me. There has to be a simple to work with solution that websites & apps can use to make the log-in process less of a hassle for the blind & deaf-blindcommunity.

Donna

Hi Group,

I had to make a change in the Alexa App this morning. When I tried logging in, I was presented with a captcha request. There is an audio challenge, but it is garbled and I can't hear it well enough or type it quick enough to log in.

How has anyone else dealt with this issue? I have already complained to the Amazon Disability line and asked that in future releases of the app that this 2 level authentication be made optional upon installation.

--

Sharon Hooley

In the meantime, you might want to try using Be My Eyes or Aira.

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Jun 28, 2020, at 6:05 PM, Donna <mermaid7@...> wrote:

Hi Ron,

I encountered the captcha request when I deleted the Alexa app, to start anew bringing other Alexa online. I had no trouble understanding the series of numbers or entering the numbers. My problem was that the correct numbers entered wasn't recognized as being correct. After 7 attempts & frustration, I had my partner to enter the picture code for me. There has to be a simple to work with solution that websites & apps can use to make the log-in process less of a hassle for the blind & deaf-blindcommunity.

Donna

Hi Group,

I had to make a change in the Alexa App this morning. When I tried logging in, I was presented with a captcha request. There is an audio challenge, but it is garbled and I can't hear it well enough or type it quick enough to log in.

How has anyone else dealt with this issue? I have already complained to the Amazon Disability line and asked that in future releases of the app that this 2 level authentication be made optional upon installation.

--