From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: July 29, 2020 12:15 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] All-in-One Printer

Hi all,
I'm possibly looking for a new All-in-One printer. I see Heartland Of America has an HP 5055 that is a thermal All-in-One printer. Does anyone know whether a thermal printer is as good or better than ink-jet; and how about the cost of operation and maintenance? I already have two HP All-in-One ink-jet printers, neither of which worked very long. I'd like to find one that lasts a bit longer. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Howard

Howard Traxler

Thanks, Monte Single.
I appreciate your suggestion and probably is a good one.  I think I'll just have to wait a little longer; Anything I can find in laser under the $400 range is black and white.  Perhaps I can find a way to get these ink jet printers to go again for a little while.

Howard

On 7/29/2020 2:39 PM, Monte Single wrote:
If you want an economical and longer lasting printer, get a laser, leave the inkjets at the store.

I'm possibly looking for a new All-in-One printer. I see Heartland Of America has an HP 5055 that is a thermal All-in-One printer. Does anyone know whether a thermal printer is as good or better than ink-jet; and how about the cost of operation and maintenance? I already have two HP All-in-One ink-jet printers, neither of which worked very long. I'd like to find one that lasts a bit longer. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Howard

Dennis L

What is a good all in one laser with physical buttons?

I'm possibly looking for a new All-in-One printer. I see Heartland Of America has an HP 5055 that is a thermal All-in-One printer. Does anyone know whether a thermal printer is as good or better than ink-jet; and how about the cost of operation and maintenance? I already have two HP All-in-One ink-jet printers, neither of which worked very long. I'd like to find one that lasts a bit longer. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Howard

Denis, take a good look at Brothers MFC-L2710. It's monochrome, plentiful
on amazon.com and other outlets!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Howard wrote in part:

"I see Heartland Of America has an HP 5055 that is a thermal All-in-One
printer. Does anyone know whether a thermal printer is as good or better
than ink-jet; and how about the cost of operation and maintenance?"

Hmm, I will be tickled pink to see a thermal printer used for regular
printing of documents and such. Typically, thermal printers are more common
at POINT OF SALE terminals.

Why so? Thermal printers DO NOT EVER NEED INK of any kind! Just SLIP IN
THE RECEIPT PAPER and away it goes. It never runs dry and very low
maintenance.

The HP printer you indicated in the quoted portion of your post above is NOT
A THERMAL printer. It does require ink and is pretty much in the inkjet
family lineup. The HP Envy 5055 is plentiful at amazon.com for about $100
brand-new, or about $84 and change used.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado