Alternatives to Openbook and Kurzweil 1000

Pablo Morales

Hello all,

You guys have any alternatives to Openbook and Kurzweil?

I am testing ABBYY Fine reader and it appears to be accessible. I have found some difficulties reading PDF on the software but the conversion to word is easy and fast. Nevertheless, I would like to know if any body has used any other OCR?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I use Google Drive and Google Docs. Upload a file to Drive, then open it in Docs, and it OCR's the text and does a pretty decent job at it, too.

Thanks.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 12:22 PM Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am testing ABBYY Fine reader and it appears to be accessible. I have found some difficulties reading PDF on the software but the conversion to word is easy and fast. Nevertheless, I would like to know if any body has used any other OCR?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Howard Traxler

I'm reading about this BookWorm.  It has an OCR option.  Wonder if it will also do the scan?  Idownloaded ABBYY trial but it would not access my scanner.

Howard

On 4/18/2022 2:22 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Howard Traxler

Firsst you need a file to upload.

Lately, I scan  my mail and stuff into an image file and use NVDA's OCR addon to OCR it.  Does quite well.

Howard

On 4/18/2022 2:29 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

I use Google Drive and Google Docs. Upload a file to Drive, then open it in Docs, and it OCR's the text and does a pretty decent job at it, too.

Thanks.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 12:22 PM Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!