Topics

Amateur radio as a hobby

David Mehler

Hello,

Is anyone here in to amateur radio and with a license? I am
considering getting in to it as a hoby been told having one might help
a few things.

If anyone is please contact m e I've got half-a-bazillion questions.

Thanks.
Dave.

John Dowling

I don't have one, but I'm studying to take my technician test.

On Nov 29, 2019, at 9:05 AM, David Mehler <dave.mehler@...> wrote:

Hello,

Is anyone here in to amateur radio and with a license? I am
considering getting in to it as a hoby been told having one might help
a few things.

If anyone is please contact m e I've got half-a-bazillion questions.

Thanks.
Dave.

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Dave and List,

I suspect that you'll get lots of responses to your question.

I have been a ham since 1946, no typo. There are too many aspects of this hobby to hope to mention here. There is one thing which is not technical. It is the fact that it often develops confidence and poise. These are very important for a blind person.

Many of the questions you will have will be answered on the ARRL website:

arrl.org

A questiono ask is to locate the nearest ham club. Joining that club will provide both help and friendship.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Is anyone here in to amateur radio and with a license? I am
considering getting in to it as a hoby been told having one might help
a few things.

If anyone is please contact m e I've got half-a-bazillion questions.

Thanks.
Dave.

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi There Dave!

Yes, I have been an amateur radio operater since 1979 and yes there has been a lot of changes but it is still a great hobby! There are many things to try and probably many more that are waiting to be discovered! So if you want to give it a try I say Go For It! Good Luck and 73

de <KF8LT><wohlggie@...><Jim Wohlgamuth>.