Android Apps in Windows Take 2

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I am about to go live on YouTube to try Android app support once again. Please see the below announcement and description of why I am doing this again. Should you wish to watch, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1PNvLBji4

Hello, and thank you for watching this video! You being here is truly appreciated by Kirt and me.

Yesterday, when I attempted to demonstrate Android apps, I realized that I am unable to install the Android apps using the dev insider builds of Windows, or at least, not the official way provided by Microsoft. While I did test out the process, I did so on another machine which is running beta, however that machine has sensitive information on it, and I am not able to stream using that machine in the event that data leaks. Most streams are done live, as I believe it is important that you see the process of how I do something, as well as any struggles. I don't believe in much editing here.

So, I am back today with an update. I received some information from Timothy from the winaccess group on groups.io providing steps for a manual install of the Android subsystem. I have done this, but will not provide this info here, as I feel that users should generally wait for the official process provided by Microsoft. Nonetheless, I did want to demo Android support in Windows, and to provide some additional links with info which may be useful to you, should you have the beta installed, and wish to play. Please note that this support is still in preview.

Screen Reader Shortcuts: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-subsystem-for-android-subsystem-screen-reader-keyboard-shortcuts-f18a072e-22dd-4c8b-aa25-c6562bb409bc
Accessibility of Windows Subsystem for Android: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/accessibility-on-windows-subsystem-for-android-97b77924-6df9-4597-8394-15b6e34d1658
Mobile Apps and Windows Subsystem for Android: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/accessibility-on-windows-subsystem-for-android-97b77924-6df9-4597-8394-15b6e34d1658
Announcing Android™ apps on Windows 11 Preview for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/20/announcing-android-apps-on-windows-11-preview-for-windows-insiders-in-the-beta-channel/

For the latest tech news, feel free to follow me on Twitter @nimerjaber. Thank you for your viewership. If you enjoyed this content, please consider liking and sharing.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber