another phone for the blind

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Before you assume that the blind shell classic cannot do any of the below steps, I think that you should listen to the tutorials and or if you don't get everything answered in a tutorial please ask questions. With this being said, the blind shell classic can play the NLS books. If you need to know how to put them onto the classic, please feel free to ask. And I'm sure somebody can provide some instructions.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Jul 30, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Ms. E.M. Kirtley <ekirtley@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

The BlindShell classic is the same. The fact that you can't add other app.s to it is why I haven't purchased one. The BSC unable to read nls books, but it appears this one might. Interesting.

Ms. Kirtley

-----Original Message----- From: Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:27 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] another phone for the blind

In that case, what is the sense of the buttons? Phew! Drives you crazy!
Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

We'll see what we learn over time. The way information is written, it
sounds like everything is programmed in and you can't add apps or abilities.
As written, it seems that That must be done by the manufacturer. We'll see.

Those who don't want to learn a touch screen or who are going blind and who
are in transition might want to use such a phone. I doubt that skilled
users of regular smart phones would be content with what looks like its
restrictions.

And you didn't see a price because there isn't one. Can you find the price
somewhere on the site? Maybe. but none of the collapsed buttons work on
the site. I love it when companies who sell products to blind people have a
site that isn't fully accessible. One of those buttons might open something
you could use to find a ;page that had pricing. But you can't expand the
buttons.

Gene
.----Original Message----- From: john s
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Monte, I didn't see a price for this phone.

At 06:13 AM 7/30/2020, Monte Single, wrote:
Hi Olusegun,

Below is a link to another phone for the blind.
I found it first in a current item on the latest Top Tech Tidbits.
It is based on a Samsung phone.
Please have a look.
and then express yourself.

Thanks,

Monte

http://www.realsam.us/meet-realsam/

John

https://www.avg.com

Monte Single

Greetings Olusegun,

Using the smart page browser, I found this page on wikipedi;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Core_Prime

Is this old tech, or upgradeable?

Thanks,

Monte