Topics

Another sorce for audio books

Loy

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

iram shabbir

kindly share its complete adress.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:14 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Another sorce for audio books

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Ron Canazzi

I keep getting a time out from chirp.com.

On 3/27/2020 2:14 PM, Loy wrote:

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Gene

Doing a Google search for a phrase like chirp books will very quickly give you the site link.  It is:

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Another sorce for audio books

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

They do indeed have some very good prices on their audio books. It’s a good idea to check on the BARD website before you make a purchase though as I have found many of the books available there as well.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 2:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Loy

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 12:50 AM

Loy

Sorry I gave the wrong address. The correct address is

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:21 AM

I keep getting a time out from chirp.com.

On 3/27/2020 2:14 PM, Loy wrote:

-- 

Ron Canazzi

Thanks Loy,

The original poster did not give the full address.

On 3/28/2020 9:15 AM, Loy wrote:
The address is
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 12:50 AM

-- 

Sharon Hooley

I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service.  I understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more.  I have a Gold membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each.  Using it has saved me a lot of money.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with one credit, that is, around $15!  I believe you can save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that many of the books are not available on BAARD or Bookshare.  I agree, though, it's a good idea to look at these libraries first.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

Mary Smith

Hello, another good source for audiobooks is a site called Downpour.com. This site is similar to audible but their membership is a bit cheaper. You can buy credits for $12.99. The nice thing about this site is that books are available in mp3 format.

The address for this service is:

www.downpour.com

On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service. I understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more. I have a Gold membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each. Using it has saved me a lot of money. For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with one credit, that is, around $15! I believe you can save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited access, if not more credits. And I think that many of the books are not available on BAARD or Bookshare. I agree, though, it's a good idea to look at these libraries first.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Allen West

Mary,

Thanks for this. I used to get music and books from emusic.com until
their site became inaccessible. I have not tried them in three years.

Allen

On 3/28/20, Mary Smith <ms0120@...> wrote:
Hello, another good source for audiobooks is a site called Downpour.com.
This site is similar to audible but their membership is a bit cheaper.
You can buy credits for $12.99. The nice thing about this site is that
books are available in mp3 format.

The address for this service is:

www.downpour.com

On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service. I
understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly
recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you
credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more. I have a Gold
membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each. Using it
has saved me a lot of money. For example, I could have bought The Word of
Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able
to download it with one credit, that is, around $15! I believe you can
save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited
access, if not more credits. And I think that many of the books are not
available on BAARD or Bookshare. I agree, though, it's a good idea to
look at these libraries first.

Hth,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off
before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a
source for more books. It is chirp.com They offer audio books at a big
discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Sharon Hooley

I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have a  subscription fee.  But my question is, do then have the same books that other services like Audible?  I understand there are deep deals now, but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more.  I have a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month  each.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with  the monthly credit, which I pay only around that monthly $15.  I believe you can save even more if you pay over $100 per year,  you might get unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,  

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Leo Bado

Not mentioning that audible regularly offers a wide range of audiobooks on sale, and very often subscribers can purchase up to three credits for a very reasonable amount of money.

Best,
   Leo
On 3/29/2020 9:43 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have a  subscription fee.  But my question is, do then have the same books that other services like Audible?  I understand there are deep deals now, but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more.  I have a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month  each.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with  the monthly credit, which I pay only around that monthly $15.  I believe you can save even more if you pay over $100 per year,  you might get unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,  

Personally I like audio vault.net. This is a website that offers movies with only the audio and it will provide descriptive narration.

Ashley Breger

On Mar 29, 2020, at 3:20 PM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@...> wrote:

Not mentioning that audible regularly offers a wide range of audiobooks on sale, and very often subscribers can purchase up to three credits for a very reasonable amount of money.

Best,
   Leo

Hth,  

Gene

The link wasn't written correctly. There is no space between audio
and vault. Also, no prefix was given. The link is:
www.audiovault.net.

Gene

On 3/29/20, Ashley Breger via Groups.Io <ashbreger=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Personally I like audio vault.net. This is a website that offers movies with
only the audio and it will provide descriptive narration.

Ashley Breger

On Mar 29, 2020, at 3:20 PM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@...> wrote:

Not mentioning that audible regularly offers a wide range of audiobooks on
sale, and very often subscribers can purchase up to three credits for a
very reasonable amount of money.

Best,
Leo
I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have
a subscription fee. But my question is, do then have the same books
that other services like Audible? I understand there are deep deals now,
but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives
you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more. I have
a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month each. For example,
I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another
website, but was able to download it with the monthly credit, which I
pay only around that monthly $15. I believe you can save even more if
you pay over $100 per year, you might get unlimited access, if not more
credits. And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not
available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off
before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a
source for more books. It is chirp.com They offer audio books at a big
discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Karim Lakhani

Having no sports in my life, this gives me  time to check out these other options.

thanks.