From: Loy
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:14 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Another sorce for audio books

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Ron Canazzi

I keep getting a time out from chirp.com.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Another sorce for audio books

kindly share its complete adress.
I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

They do indeed have some very good prices on their audio books. It’s a good idea to check on the BARD website before you make a purchase though as I have found many of the books available there as well.

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Loy

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Loy

Sorry I gave the wrong address. The correct address is

On 3/27/2020 2:14 PM, Loy wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Thanks Loy,

The original poster did not give the full address.

The address is
On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
[...]

Allen West

Mary,

Thanks for this. I used to get music and books from emusic.com until
their site became inaccessible. I have not tried them in three years.

Allen

On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
[...]

Sharon Hooley

I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have a  subscription fee.  But my question is, do then have the same books that other services like Audible?  I understand there are deep deals now, but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more.  I have a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month  each.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with  the monthly credit, which I pay only around that monthly $15.  I believe you can save even more if you pay over $100 per year,  you might get unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.

Leo Bado

Not mentioning that audible regularly offers a wide range of audiobooks on sale, and very often subscribers can purchase up to three credits for a very reasonable amount of money.

Best,
   Leo
On 3/29/2020 9:43 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

[...]

Personally I like audio vault.net. This is a website that offers movies with only the audio and it will provide descriptive narration.

Ashley Breger

On Mar 29, 2020, at 3:20 PM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene

The link wasn't written correctly. There is no space between audio
and vault. Also, no prefix was given. The link is:
www.audiovault.net.

Gene

On 3/29/20, Ashley Breger via Groups.Io <ashbreger=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Karim Lakhani

Having no sports in my life, this gives me  time to check out these other options.

thanks.