From: murry
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 3:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] anyone else having a problem with ponts media downloader?

hi all,
i am using windows 8.1 and my ponts media isn't downloading my youtube links anymore. its says download is starting and ends it like usual but doesn't leave it anywhere on my computer. is anyone else having the same issue in earlier windows and does anyone know of a solution?
thanks much
murry

Debbie April Yuille

Try reinstalling the latest version. That’s what I did and it fixed it.

Debbie

    i am using windows 8.1 and my ponts media isn't downloading my youtube links anymore. its says download is starting and ends it like usual but doesn't leave it anywhere on my computer. is anyone else having the same issue in earlier windows and does anyone know of a solution?

thanks much

murry

lynn white

I can't get it to permanently install on my desktop. I'm always having to get the app and reinstall. Otherwise, I love it.

On 11/18/2020 8:28 PM, Debbie April Yuille wrote:

Try reinstalling the latest version. That’s what I did and it fixed it.

Debbie

    i am using windows 8.1 and my ponts media isn't downloading my youtube links anymore. its says download is starting and ends it like usual but doesn't leave it anywhere on my computer. is anyone else having the same issue in earlier windows and does anyone know of a solution?

thanks much

murry

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

This appears to be "the original source":  http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/

Last update was in 2019.

        ~ Madonna

Gene

It may have fixed it because you, in effect, updated the download engine when you reinstalled the program.

I would think that that should occur regardless of which version you are using.

Try reinstalling the latest version. That’s what I did and it fixed it.

Debbie

i am using windows 8.1 and my ponts media isn't downloading my youtube links anymore. its says download is starting and ends it like usual but doesn't leave it anywhere on my computer. is anyone else having the same issue in earlier windows and does anyone know of a solution?

thanks much

murry

Gene

What do you mean by permanently install?

i am using windows 8.1 and my ponts media isn't downloading my youtube links anymore. its says download is starting and ends it like usual but doesn't leave it anywhere on my computer. is anyone else having the same issue in earlier windows and does anyone know of a solution?

thanks much

murry

Gene

The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed. I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine. I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

Gene

John Sanfilippo

Pressing control plus j also updates the engine.

John

Gene

Was that a typographical error? the command is control plus u.

Pressing control plus j also updates the engine.

John

Gene

I'll add that I don't use the command and I didn't think of it, but the message reminded me of it.

Was that a typographical error? the command is control plus u.

Pressing control plus j also updates the engine.

John

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

If for some reason (anti virus, anti malware or whatever) you can't update the engine using the internal hotkey within Pontes, here is the link to the page where you can get the youtube-dl.exe file and place it in the appropriate folder under Pontes Media downloader/engine.
https://youtube-dl.org

Interestingly enough, I have no issue with Pontes currently, but on the page that I just visited before posting, I see the latest version is dated earlier today 11-19-2020. I downloaded this version and will manually install it when Pontes stops working again on my end.

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed.  I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine.  I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

I don't know why the engine was updated today on the page but it doesn't make sense to download it now in case Pontes stops working at some time in the future.  It is likely that a newer download will be required to get it working again at that time.

Gene

On 11/19/2020 8:33 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

Well I will try that first and if it doesn't work, I'll visit the page and see if the page has a newer update.

On 11/19/2020 9:52 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Steve Matzura

I just tried to do it on version 2.1.6619.26945 and was told it "can't find the current version. Please try again later." Do I need to install 3.0 before this command will work?

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed.  I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine.  I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

Gene

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I don't use this software, but it is always best practice to install the latest version of any software (and particularly when that latest version is well past the early days of its release).

        ~ Madonna

Gene

I don't know why you gott that message. I got that message weeks ago, when neither version would update. Then a few days after I checked, both programs found the current version. When I chedcked yesterday with 2.x, I was told that the program is up-to-date. You can try what Ron has been discussing, but if you don't know how to do that, I'll let you discuss that with Ron. I don't use that method and didn't try to remember the details.

I just tried to do it on version 2.1.6619.26945 and was told it "can't
find the current version. Please try again later." Do I need to install
3.0 before this command will work?

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed. I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine. I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

Gene

Steve Matzura

I downloaded and replaced youtube-dl.exe and, just for kicks, tried the update method again with the same result. I haven't tried using the program with the updated download component yet, so I don't know whether my change had an affect or not. Will report back either way.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 9:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I just tried to do it on version 2.1.6619.26945 and was told it "can't
find the current version. Please try again later." Do I need to install
3.0 before this command will work?

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed.  I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine.  I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

Gene

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I am actually using version 2.0.0 and it is working like a charm.  No need, at least for now, for me to download the latest engine.  I'd pass the program along, but I am behind in my DropBox payment plan and cannot put files in there for now.  But here is what I hope is the link to the same working file that I was fortunate enough to get:

https://pontes-media-downloader.software.informer.com/download/?cf1dc598

Cheers!