apple watches

DAVID GLOBE

Hello all

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

Donna

David, What trouble are you having setting up your watch, pairing, setting up desired watch settings or something else. Is your watch a cellular or non cellular? You need a cell phone in order to setup & use an Apple watch. I know that is probably obvious, but there is those people who do not know this.

Donna

Hello all

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

DAVID GLOBE

Hello Donna

Our watches are collier.  I know there is a way of holding it in a particular way next to the phone, but not having any sight makes this a problem.  So we know they will work with the cell, in fact, I have mine working with my hearing aids.  That part I love.

David

David, What trouble are you having setting up your watch, pairing, setting up desired watch settings or something else. Is your watch a cellular or non cellular? You need a cell phone in order to setup & use an Apple watch. I know that is probably obvious, but there is those people who do not know this.

Donna

Hello all

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

Kay Malmquist

Where are you running in to problem?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Kobe Bryant - 1978-2020 - Professional Basketball Player

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

DAVID GLOBE

Um well, getting the watches paired is the first step, and that’s our first problem.  The next one will be how long do they keep their battery power?

David

The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Kobe Bryant - 1978-2020 - Professional Basketball Player

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

Donna

David, I apologise, but I'm still a bit confused as to what type of trouvle that you are having. Being that you have your hearing aids already paired with your watch, I assume that you are trying to get your apps & contacts onto your watch? This part of the setup is done within the watch app or by using the settings app on the watch. If you are trying to pair your watch with your iPhone, the back camera on the phone is used for this.  I find putting the watch on my non dominant arm or lying the watch face up on the table in front of me easiest. I place the phone camera lens on top of the watch & slowly lift the phone straight up. The phone has to be at least a foot above the watch. Sometimes the phone while being held above the watch  has to be slowly moved  slightly down toward the bottom edge of the watch.  There is a way to pair manually, but i have never paired my watch using the manual method. Not all of your apps that are on your phone have a compatible watch app.

Donna

[...]

David, I get about 18 hours of battery life between charges.

Donna

Um well, getting the watches paired is the first step, and that’s our first problem.  The next one will be how long do they keep their battery power?

David

The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Kobe Bryant - 1978-2020 - Professional Basketball Player

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

DAVID GLOBE

Thats good to know, thanks Donna.

David

The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Kobe Bryant - 1978-2020 - Professional Basketball Player

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

DAVID GLOBE

Thanks again Donna, I'll try it again.

David

David, What trouble are you having setting up your watch, pairing, setting up desired watch settings or something else. Is your watch a cellular or non cellular? You need a cell phone in order to setup & use an Apple watch. I know that is probably obvious, but there is those people who do not know this.

Donna

Hello all

Is there an easy way for blind individuals to set up an apple watch?  I was under the impression it would be easy but I’m not having much luck yet.

Many thanks gang and a very happy newyear to all.

David

Donna

David I forgot to mention that you will need to tap pair on the watch. And once the watch is paired voiceover on the watch will announce Finish setting up your phone with your phone & voiceover on the phone will announce that your watch has been paired successfully. To turn voiceover on on the watch, press the round button on the side of the watch 3 times fast. Turning on voiceover on the watch before pairing is helpful.

Donna