Audible, good read and Kindle helped

John Holcomb II

Has anyone used audible?

How does it work?

Like can I browse and download books on my phone like I do with BARD?

I have book one of a series from BARD but they don’t have the others and I was thinking  audible has it.

What’s the difference between audible , kindle, and good read?

Thanks,

John

Gene

There are other sites for getting recorded books.  I haven’t used any such sites but one called Chirp requires no monthly fee.  I don’t know how its prices compare but you may save money if you don’t want to use such a service much.  You can check the various services to see if they have the books you want and that may help you decide which one to use.  Perhaps you might check to see if representative books you might want are available and at what price with or without a monthly fee.  Chirp as I recall doesn’t  chharge a monthly fee and you can’t sign up to pay one..  .

As far as Kindle books are concerned, if you are willing to have a book read by the Kindle voice or by your screen-reader, they are much cheaper than recorded books.

I don’t know enough about Kindle to discuss it in detail.  A lot of books can be read on your computer and by your screen-reader, using the Kindle app for Windows.  I don’t kno is it is available for other operating systems.  Some books aren’t authorized for screen-reader use and you can only llisten to them with the Kindle voice.  There is a portable device, a Kindle, for reading books.  Others will have to discuss that if you are interested.  I don’t know if there is a Kindle app for the IPhone or for Android phones.

Let the group know if you are interested and you will get more information.  Also, if anything I’ve said is out-of-date or incorrect, I hope it will be corrected.

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 7:00 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Audible, good read and Kindle helped

Has anyone used audible?

How does it work?

Like can I browse and download books on my phone like I do with BARD?

I have book one of a series from BARD but they don’t have the others and I was thinking  audible has it.

What’s the difference between audible , kindle, and good read?

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

I sometimes run into this where BARD has only one book in the series and I wanna read the rest.

Its not often as I dn’t always lis listen r to audio books, but yeah.

Thanks.

John

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 7:00 PM

Has anyone used audible?

How does it work?

Like can I browse and download books on my phone like I do with BARD?

I have book one of a series from BARD but they don’t have the others and I was thinking  audible has it.

What’s the difference between audible , kindle, and good read?

Thanks,

John

Monte Single

I have purchased a few kindle books, and here in Canada, I guess  the kindle books cost about half as much as  an audible book

On audible, the monthly subscription fee of 15 bucks gets you 1 credit  which is the same as 1 book at regular member price.

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 7:00 PM

Has anyone used audible?

How does it work?

Like can I browse and download books on my phone like I do with BARD?

I have book one of a series from BARD but they don’t have the others and I was thinking  audible has it.

What’s the difference between audible , kindle, and good read?

Thanks,

John

Abbie Taylor

Hi, John. I haven't used the Audible or Kindle apps on my iPhone, but I once used the Audible app on my BrailleNote Touch running Android, and I was able to download and listen to books that way. Audible offers subscriptions where you pay so much per month and get one or more books for free. Kindle has something called Kindle Unlimited where, I think, you pay so much per month and read books for free, but I've never used that. I'm happy with the Audible service, though.

On the other hand, GoodReads doesn't sell books. It's a social networking site where you can post reviews of books you've read. I hope all this is helpful.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

John Holcomb II

Hanks Abby, yep lots of helpeful stuff on this topic from people in various groups.

John