audio described tv shows?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

Is there a site I could look at to find audio described tv shows? I'm part of a dropbox with a bunch of friends, and right now All in the Family and the Golden Girls, both described, are being shared. That made me wonder what other shows, whether comedy or otherwise, might be available somewhere described.

Thanks.

Troy

DAVID GLOBE

I would grately enjoy the Golden girls Described. Where do I find it please.
David

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: January 3, 2022 9:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] audio described tv shows?

Hi all,

Is there a site I could look at to find audio described tv shows? I'm
part of a dropbox with a bunch of friends, and right now All in the
Family and the Golden Girls, both described, are being shared. That made
me wonder what other shows, whether comedy or otherwise, might be
available somewhere described.

Thanks.

Troy

Sameer

Try Audio Vault. They have many audio-described TV shows & movies.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 04-01-2022 08:27 am, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a site I could look at to find audio described tv shows? I'm part of a dropbox with a bunch of friends, and right now All in the Family and the Golden Girls, both described, are being shared. That made me wonder what other shows, whether comedy or otherwise, might be available somewhere described.

Thanks.

Troy

heather albright

Hallmark channel has it described marginally. Hallmark has even worse description than CBS; I did not know audio description could get that bad. The describers do not use pronouns or complete sentences; Maybe they are out sourcing to third world non English speaking people.  The hallmark movie channel also describes all their movies produced in 2021; with the same non English speaking describers.I believe the golden girls are on from 9 to 11 pm CST. So while everything is closed captioned for the deaf, we are stuck listening to crap for the audio description.Here is a link, think there might be a better link out there:

https://adp.acb.org/masterad.html  cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Monday, January 3, 2022 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] audio described tv shows?

I would grately enjoy the Golden girls Described.  Where do I find it please.

David

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Brent Harding

Hulu is supposed to have a bunch, but even though they categorize shows like 911, 911 Lonestar, and the Resident to be in the audio description category, that feature isn’t there on those shows as far as I have found. I wish I could get those with the description back, as even on TV here, they were last year until the time when the local Fox affiliate appears to have removed all SAP including even the Spanish on the football I don’t care about, but sometimes use to test that it was still there when it was.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:07 AM

Hallmark channel has it described marginally. Hallmark has even worse description than CBS; I did not know audio description could get that bad. The describers do not use pronouns or complete sentences; Maybe they are out sourcing to third world non English speaking people.  The hallmark movie channel also describes all their movies produced in 2021; with the same non English speaking describers.I believe the golden girls are on from 9 to 11 pm CST. So while everything is closed captioned for the deaf, we are stuck listening to crap for the audio description.Here is a link, think there might be a better link out there:

David

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

heather albright

Ah what is your tv provider, if it is Spectrum I can provide a contact so they can get it to work.  The FCC requires Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC to provide audio description. But, I do not think it applies to streaming services. Cheers Heather

Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:38 PM

Hulu is supposed to have a bunch, but even though they categorize shows like 911, 911 Lonestar, and the Resident to be in the audio description category, that feature isn’t there on those shows as far as I have found. I wish I could get those with the description back, as even on TV here, they were last year until the time when the local Fox affiliate appears to have removed all SAP including even the Spanish on the football I don’t care about, but sometimes use to test that it was still there when it was.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright

David

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Brent Harding

I do have Spectrum here, as the complex I live in does provide the standard package, and then I just upgraded when I moved in to have Internet with them. I usually use it on my Roku TV, which they recommended as the best solution to get for doing this, once analog went away back a few years ago now. At first when I checked at the start of the new TV season, I just thought Fox stopped describing those shows I like, and started doing other stuff, but then I realized that testing the SAP during the football games, there is no Spanish any more either. The Spanish part means nothing for me, except it indicates there is a possible issue somewhere by not being there, but it may not be on every game either.

Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:12 PM

Ah what is your tv provider, if it is Spectrum I can provide a contact so they can get it to work.  The FCC requires Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC to provide audio description. But, I do not think it applies to streaming services. Cheers Heather

Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:38 PM

David

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy