Audio Eye no help

Loy

Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Sam Taylor

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Loy,

Go to the Toolbar in whatever browser you're using and see if Audio Eye is on the Toolbar, and if it's checked try pressing enter to see if that'll turn it off.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Loy,

Do a search for how to turn off the Audio Eye toolbar and you'll find directions on how to do it.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Loy

it was  crackerbarreltogo.com

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Gene

It isn’t a tool bar in the browser.  Its  one of these ridiculous web page add-ons on the web page itself, supposedly to increase accessibility.  I’m not saying that because I’ve visited the page yet, I’m saying that because it matches the descriptions I’ve seen of other such web page add-ons, though that isn’t the technically correct term.

Go to the Toolbar in whatever browser you're using and see if Audio Eye is on the Toolbar, and if it's checked try pressing enter to see if that'll turn it off.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Gene

I saw nothing about Audio Eye.  I was using Firefox.  What browser are you using and what does the whatever it is do?  Does it force you to listen to audio aside from what your screen-reader [says?

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Gene

I just  used Chrome with the same results, nothing on the ;page about Audio Eye and no audio other than my screen-reader.

I had thought you were dealing with an add-on designed to make the page more accessible.  those add-ons usually cause lots of problems.  But since I don’t see or experience anything, at this point, I don’t know what you are seeing, just where, or if others will generally see it.

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:23 PM

I saw nothing about Audio Eye.  I was using Firefox.  What browser are you using and what does the whatever it is do?  Does it force you to listen to audio aside from what your screen-reader [says?

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Gene

See this page.  Cracker Barrel does use Audio Eye but it doesn’t run when I go to the site.  Nor is there anything accessible as the page appears to me to start it.
I’ll be curious what others report.

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:23 PM

I saw nothing about Audio Eye.  I was using Firefox.  What browser are you using and what does the whatever it is do?  Does it force you to listen to audio aside from what your screen-reader [says?

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Marda

I think the technical term is accessibility overlay and if it's one of those they're ridiculous.  some of these companies tell website owners that they can insert a line of code into their websites that will make them completely ADA accessible in 48 hours and things like that and the sites are worse than they were before.

Marda

On 11/23/2021 6:57 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

I was using Chrome, and the Jaws would tell me that Audio toolbar was there It said I could hit escape to close the toolbar, but that did not work I just gave up. I won't try their site again..

I saw nothing about Audio Eye.  I was using Firefox.  What browser are you using and what does the whatever it is do?  Does it force you to listen to audio aside from what your screen-reader [says?

It would be helpful if you included a web address so that we could take a look for you.

On 24/11/2021 10:07 am, Loy wrote:
Hi list,
I went on line to try to place an order from Cracker Barrel for pickup on Thanksgiving. This Audio Eye toolbar keeps popping up and I can't  navigate with JAWS because the tool bar is in the way and I can't make it close.  And I don't know how the toolbar is to be used. Has anyone used Audio Eye with success?

Gene

I wonder if NVDA can’t see what you saw.  I am using NVDA and I didn’t see a tool bar nor did the site behave any differently than it would have if there were none.

[...]

I am using JAWS and got the toolbar and the accessibility statement and all that but couldn't access the menu.  It is a frustrating site.

Marda

On 11/23/2021 7:51 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

I’m using Windows 7 and  I don’t know if that would matter.  I would think it would be the browser that interacts with the site.  At any rate, it will be interesting to see if others comment.

[...]

I am using windows 10 and jaws and tried with google chrome and firefox and edge.  Sometimes I could get to the toolbar and read items but couldn't get to the menu.  I did find the audio eye phone number to call the help desk.

Marda