Topics

auto speaker shutoff.

Monte Single

Hi listerrs,

I have a boes revolve Bluetooth speaker connected to my win10 machine with a standard audio cable.

It is an hp desktop with realtek audio.

If I do not use the pc for a while, say 20 30 minutes, the boes speaker shuts off.

The speaker charge cable is always connected to a power bar.

Is there some setting I might try in the pc to  stop the speaker from shuting off.

Thanks,

Monte

Gene

There is a utility that generates some sort of inaudible signal that keeps sound cards on.  I would think it would do the same for speakers.
I have it and will put it on Dropbox if noone else sends a direct download link.  Also, I haven't used it but I've seen positive reports.  I want to make clear that I am not personally vouching for it.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] auto speaker shutoff.

Hi listerrs,

I have a boes revolve Bluetooth speaker connected to my win10 machine with a standard audio cable.

If I do not use the pc for a while, say 20 30 minutes, the boes speaker shuts off.

Is there some setting I might try in the pc to  stop the speaker from shuting off.

Thanks,

Monte

chris judge

It sounds like a feature of the speaker itself. Have you tried feeding something else through it, a victor stream for example. If not, try that and see if the speaker turns off after so many minutes of silence.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: January 13, 2020 3:51 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hi listerrs,

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

OK.

I’ll try it.

Thanks.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: January-13-20 1:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] auto speaker shutoff.

There is a utility that generates some sort of inaudible signal that keeps sound cards on.  I would think it would do the same for speakers.

I have it and will put it on Dropbox if noone else sends a direct download link.  Also, I haven't used it but I've seen positive reports.  I want to make clear that I am not personally vouching for it.

Gene

Hi listerrs,

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

Yes, it is a feature of the speaker.  I’ll try Gene’s suggestion.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: January-13-20 2:21 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

It sounds like a feature of the speaker itself. Have you tried feeding something else through it, a victor stream for example. If not, try that and see if the speaker turns off after so many minutes of silence.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: January 13, 2020 3:51 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hi listerrs,

Thanks,

Monte

Gene

The link to download Silenzio is,

Gene

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:59 PM

Gene

Hi listerrs,

Thanks,

Monte