[bardtalk] FW: [ACB-Conversation] passing of Ann Parsons

Gerald Levy

I received the following message earlier today announcing the passing of Ann Parsons.  She was a frequent contributor to this list and was well-known in the blindness community:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [bardtalk] FW: [ACB-Conversation] passing of Ann Parsons
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:29:07 -0500
From: Alan Lemly <walemly@...>
To: bardtalk@groups.io
CC: mysteries@groups.io

From: ACB-Conversation@... <ACB-Conversation@...> On Behalf Of lori
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 10:14 AM
To: ACB-Conversation@...
Subject: [ACB-Conversation] passing of Ann Parsons

Passing the below along as it was posted this morning on the AC of New York listserve.

Lori

After a long struggle against cancer, Ann Parsons died peacefully last
night. She was lucid and responsive throughout most of her stay at the
hospital. Ann very much appreciated knowing that her friends from ACB were
praying for and thinking of her.

If anyone wants additional information, my email address will be listed
below my signature.

Mary Beth Metzger
Mmetzger1@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Carolyn Arnold

Unfortunate news about Ann.

I received the following message earlier today announcing the passing of Ann Parsons. She was a frequent contributor to this list and was well-known in the blindness community:

Passing the below along as it was posted this morning on the AC of New York listserve.

Lori

After a long struggle against cancer, Ann Parsons died peacefully last night. She was lucid and responsive throughout most of her stay at the hospital. Ann very much appreciated knowing that her friends from ACB were praying for and thinking of her.

If anyone wants additional information, my email address will be listed below my signature.

Mary Beth Metzger
Mmetzger1@nycap.rr.com <mailto:Mmetzger1@nycap.rr.com>

________________________________

<https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

Alex Stone

Oh, that’s a real shame, I’ve been on a number of lists with Ann over the years.

Mmetzger1@... <mailto:Mmetzger1@...

________________________________

 <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security

Gene

I didn’t know Ann Parsons personally.  I know she was a teacher and, from the little I could tell from what she wrote on this list, a good one.  She owned a group where people would discuss all sorts of issues dealing with blindness.  I had no idea she was ill, let alone seriously ill.  It was a surprise to suddenly hear of her dying.

Others may know of other ways she contributed to the welfare of blind people.  Though I don’t know much about her, I believe she will be missed by many.

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 4:42 PM

I received the following message earlier today announcing the passing of Ann Parsons.  She was a frequent contributor to this list and was well-known in the blindness community:

Passing the below along as it was posted this morning on the AC of New York listserve.

Lori

After a long struggle against cancer, Ann Parsons died peacefully last
night. She was lucid and responsive throughout most of her stay at the
hospital. Ann very much appreciated knowing that her friends from ACB were
praying for and thinking of her.

If anyone wants additional information, my email address will be listed
below my signature.

Mary Beth Metzger
Mmetzger1@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

I didn’t know her, either, but I think I know somebody who took jaws lessons from her.  I don’t know if they were able to finish, though, since shortly after that, I heard something about her being sick.  Pam.

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 4:42 PM

I received the following message earlier today announcing the passing of Ann Parsons.  She was a frequent contributor to this list and was well-known in the blindness community:

Passing the below along as it was posted this morning on the AC of New York listserve.

Lori

After a long struggle against cancer, Ann Parsons died peacefully last
night. She was lucid and responsive throughout most of her stay at the
hospital. Ann very much appreciated knowing that her friends from ACB were
praying for and thinking of her.

If anyone wants additional information, my email address will be listed
below my signature.

Mary Beth Metzger
Mmetzger1@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Michael Mote

I do remember this lady, and I do agree that she was always
knowledgeable about the subject matter that she would post about or
respond to whenever someone had a question. I appreciate anyone who
teaches the blind, and who hosts lists like this where we all can
learn.

On 10/5/21, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn’t know her, either, but I think I know somebody who took jaws lessons
from her. I don’t know if they were able to finish, though, since shortly
after that, I heard something about her being sick. Pam.

I received the following message earlier today announcing the passing of Ann
Parsons. She was a frequent contributor to this list and was well-known in
the blindness community:

-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: [bardtalk] FW:
[ACB-Conversation] passing of Ann Parsons
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:29:07 -0500
From: Alan Lemly mailto:walemly@gmail.com
To: bardtalk@groups.io
CC: mysteries@groups.io

Passing the below along as it was posted this morning on the AC of New York
listserve.

Lori

After a long struggle against cancer, Ann Parsons died peacefully last
night. She was lucid and responsive throughout most of her stay at the
hospital. Ann very much appreciated knowing that her friends from ACB were
praying for and thinking of her.

If anyone wants additional information, my email address will be listed
below my signature.

Mary Beth Metzger
Mmetzger1@nycap.rr.com

www.avg.com