From: blind-techies@groups.io <blind-techies@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 12:30 PM
To: blind-techies@groups.io
Cc: Tech4theblind@groups.io; main@TechTalk.groups.io; blind-philly-comp@groups.io
Subject: [blind-techies] Windows 10 and Sound forge Pro 15 with JAWS

Hey all,

SO I’ve got Sound Forge Pro 15 and the scripts from:

The Snowman’s Scripts for Jaws For Windows (snowmanradio.com)

With JAWS running in Sound Forge with the  scripts, Sound Forge is sluggish to the point of being nearly not responding.

If I hit space to play it takes at least one second for the audio to start.

If I hit control +R to open the recording dialog  JAWS actually stops talking, and won’t do so again until I go to my desktop with WindowsKey+M.

I’ve tried using SF with narrator and this doesn’t happen with narrator. I’ve also tried using it with the default user directory loaded from JAWS and this doesn’t happen then either.

This is on Windows 10 21H1 with Jaws 2021 July update on a M.2 SSD on a Core I7 X processor with 64GB ram.

Anyone got any ideas?

This never happened with Windows 7 and Sound Forge Pro 9 or studio 10.

Thanks,

John