Topics

BlindShell Classic

Nancy Hill

Hi Group,

A while ago I had considered the Blind Shell Classic and had some questions.  A kind person who had a Classic contacted me and now I can not find his contact information.  I am thinking his name was Joseph/Joe and I would appreciate it if he would contact me again.

I have more questions and would really like to get his opinion on a couple of thingsthat have come up.

Many Thanks,

Nancy

joseph hudson

Hi Nancy, my contact information is below. I know it is late now but you can gladly give me a ring in the morning if you want. I will be glad to speak with you. And by the way, I do remember our discussion.

joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@...

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

On Mar 31, 2020, at 8:44 AM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...> wrote:

Hi Group,

A while ago I had considered the Blind Shell Classic and had some questions. A kind person who had a Classic contacted me and now I can not find his contact information. I am thinking his name was Joseph/Joe and I would appreciate it if he would contact me again.

I have more questions and would really like to get his opinion on a couple of thingsthat have come up.

Many Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy Hill

Thank you for contacting me, Joseph.

I have my days and nights sort of switched around right now, so I hope it will be all right to give you a jingle when I have an 'awake' spot.

Blessings,

Nancy

On 4/1/2020 12:24 AM, joseph hudson wrote:
[...]

Of course not a problem. I've been the same way. But that is for an office discussion. I'll send you a message right now off list.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:34 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...> wrote:

[...]

Abbie Taylor

I'm also considering purchasing the Blind Shell Classic phone. Mystic Access now offers a free tutorial that can be downloaded from their site at http://www.mysticaccess.com. You'll need to search for the product, and you'll find the link to download the tutorial on the product page. They also did a free class in February on the subject, and you'll find a recording of that on the free downloads page.

Mystic Access is now distributing the phone. What's more, for an extra $19 set-up fee, they'll activate the phone with a network that uses the A T and T tower. This network only charges $20 a month for unlimited talking and texting and 1 gig of data. The down side is that you have to install the battery and sim card, which is something I've never done with a cell phone, and I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. Otherwise, it's a good deal.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Gerald Levy

Is there a compelling reason why you meed this phone right now?  If you are not comfortable  installing the battery and sync card yourself, I suggest waiting until the health crisis is over so that you can visit a phone store or Best Buy store in person and have them do it for you. Before you order this phone from Mystic Access, contact them and ask them whether they are willing to take care of warranty repairs and service, like Laz Mesa is willing to do.  If they give you a run around, tell them to take a hike, and order the phone from Laz for the same price.  The fact that he is willing to go the extra mile for his customers speaks volumes about his integrity and helpfulness.  Other blind-products merchants may also sell you this phone, but if you have a problem they may leave you in the lurch to fend for yourself.  The warranty is very vague about obtaining repairs.  Keep in mind that the BlindShell is manufactured overseas in the Czech Republic, so if you have a  problem with it and you have to  return it to them yourself, you may not see it again for a very long time, if at all, given the current international health crisis.

Gerald

On 4/1/2020 2:45 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi Abbie,

Sounds great, go for it if that's what you want. You do realize that you cannot add external programs like AIRA or BARD Mobile? This is a feature phone, not a full smart phone like the Smart Vision2.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Laz

Hi Abbie,

A couple of points to consider to get the most bang for your buck...

We don't charge you to activate your phone. You pay for your phone
plan and we activate it for you before we send it out to you.

The most affordable plan we offer is just $25.99 and includes
unlimited calls and texts and 3GB of data a high speed. However if you
sign up for auto refill you get a discount of anywhere from a couple
of dollars to $5 off your monthly plan. The higher cost plans just
provide you with more GB of high speed data.

We provide the direct link to that tutorial from Mystic Access as well
as the download link to the Blindshell Classic manual.

We install both the SIM card and the battery for you.

As may have already been stated, we will replace your phone to help
you avoid any hassles of having to send it anywhere out of the country
for repairs.

Regards,

Laz

On 4/1/20, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

joseph hudson

Hello, you don't even need one gig of data in order to run that phone. It all depends on how often you're going to use it for listening to YouTube and stuff like that. I am only used .20 MB at the most with the phone. I recommend getting the I am from a company called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. And if anybody decides to do this offer, please contact me as I will give you an additional $10 off of your first month just by giving you a referral. If you've never been with this company before.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Joseph,

You wrote:

...I recommend getting the I am from a company called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. ...

What is 5 mbar?

On 4/2/2020 12:59 AM, joseph hudson wrote:
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Monte Single

I think millibars is a metric measure of barometrid, or air, pressure.
Now, landlubbers may not be as familiar with this as me maties, arrrrrrr.

[...]

HI Monte,

Joseph's reference was to cell phone provider features.  I  would have expected the information to be something like: Unlimited talk and text plus 1 GB data per month.

He referenced this MbAR instead.  That doesn't make sense--unless either there's some way of measuring data that I'm not aware of or it was a typo.

On 4/2/2020 11:02 AM, Monte Single wrote:
[...]

Maybe he meant mb for megabytes.

[...]

Hi Ron, no typo here. 500 mbar is a plan from the phone carrier that I have.

On Apr 2, 2020, at 2:33 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, yeah that's probably how I should've put it but instead I put with the plan had stayed it.

On Apr 2, 2020, at 3:31 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I'm in no hurry to get this phone. I'll probably wait until I get the extra money the government is promising us as a result of this health crisis, since I have other expenses to deal with right now including paying off my other phone from Verizon, which I bought last fall with a monthly payment plan. I'm just trying to get some information now before I jump in headfirst, so to speak.

According to Alexa, the nearest Consumer Cellular store is 967 miles away. So, that won't work. It looks like Laz's offer is the best deal, but I have a couple of questions. Unfortunately, these things aren't covered in the Mystic Access tutorial.

First of all, is voicemail available on the Blind Shell Classic phone? I imagine this depends on the network. So, Laz, does the network you use offer this?

Also, how do the plans work? Does the network send me a bill each month, or do I need to do something to keep it going each month?

Yes Ann, I'm aware this phone doesn't have the capability to download third party apps, and I don't need that, since I can download such programs on my BrailleNote Touch Plus running Android 8. Thank you for reminding me of that, though.

With these amazingly low prices for plans, I keep thinking there's got to be a catch. I hope someone can answer my questions and tell me to quit looking a gift horse in the mouth.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Laz

i'll answer the questions Abbie had for me. Abbie asked

First of all, is voicemail available on the Blind Shell Classic phone?
I imagine this depends on the network. So, Laz, does the network you
use offer this?

* yes, voicemail is included.

Also, how do the plans work? Does the network send me a bill each
month, or do I need to do something to keep it going each month?

* If you put it on autorefill with us then your credit card is
processed and your phone plan is refilled automatically each month.
This way you also get a break on the monthly amount, up to $5 off a
month.

Stay well,

Laz

On 4/2/20, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi all,

No, you mean MB for Megabytes, not millibars. Millibars are gradations of air pressure. It's the same abbreviation so it's comfusing, but you mean megabytes.

Ann P.

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

My problem was also no Consumer Cellular store in my town, and my husband not able to do all that is involved in setting up a new phone. However, Siri says there is one 22 miles from here. I can't imagine where you live unless it is not in the U.S. The stores are in Target and Best Buy.

Laz's plan sounds good to me, plus he has been helpful to me with what little business I've done with him.

[...]

Hi Ann,

If Joseph meant mega bytes,  he said 5 MB, that's not very much data for one month.  If you streamed one song, that would be it.