Bookshare and human narrators?

Loy

Bookshare now has human narrated books. But I can't find them. How do I search for them?

Marda

Look under "summer of audio" on the bookshare site.  It talks about the program.  You have to sign up for it but if you're already a bookshare member it's not a problem.  I remember clicking where it said to sign up but I don't think I had to do anything other than using my regular account log in information and I was allowed access to the books.  You can't use the web reader to read them, you know the link where it says "read now" and you can read on your computer.  You have to dodownload them.

Marda

On 6/4/2022 1:02 PM, Loy wrote:
Bookshare now has human narrated books. But I can't find them. How do I search for them?

Abbie Taylor

I was wondering the same thing. So, thanks for the tip about looking ro "summmer of audio." Actually, I had to go to the Bookshare blog to find it. Apparently, the human-narrated audiobooks are in what Bookshare calls a "special colection." You can subscribe and then it shows up somewhere in your reading lists, I guess. I haven't done much with reading lists so can't tell you how that works. Here's a direct link to the blog post.

https://www.bookshare.org/cms/campaign/summer

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...