From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 4:02 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Braille Blazer printer help

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, I also have a Braille Blazer printer, but I have not gotten it to work yet.

What is the full name of your Braille Blaster translation program  Also, where did you obtain it?

Is there anything that you think I should know to have this working with both my Windows 7 computer and also with my Windows 10 computer??

Thanks very much for any information!

Sincerely, Vicky V

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Howard Traxler

If I'm not mistaken, the Blazer has two methods of interface:  Centronics parallel and RS-232 serial.  The appropriate port (and parameters if serial) is selected in the Blazer menus.  Then the appropriate port and type of output is selected in your computer setup or translator program--whichever sentd the data to the embosser.  I think most modern computers do not have RS-232 serial nor parallel ports.  In that case, one needs some kind of conversion device between the computer an embosser.

Hope that helps.   If you have further questions, feel free to write and I'll try to help.

Howard

On 7/20/2020 3:12 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

You have to select the general printer setting.

Are you using a serial connection?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, yes, I am using a serial connection.

I do have a serial to parallel cord.

Any help will be gratefully received, since I have had it for years and never actually had it Braille anything yet!

Sincerely, Vicky V

You have to select the general printer setting.

Are you using a serial connection?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Angela Randall

I have heard that most older embossers probably will not work for new computer. I have an old index version to which I was trying to get installed to my Mac 2009 version and I wasn't able to. Even with a sereal to USB converter. I did have a braille Blazer but I ended up giving that to my friend because at the time I was just running Android devices.

Angela Randall

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 4:35 PM Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi, yes, I am using a serial connection.

I do have a serial to parallel cord.

Any help will be gratefully received, since I have had it for years and never actually had it Braille anything yet!

Sincerely, Vicky V

You have to select the general printer setting.

Are you using a serial connection?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Image removed by sender.

Vicky Vaughan

I think I do indeed nee such a device, but I have no idea what to look for.  My current print printer gets its documents through air drop.

Do you think that there would be a device that converts air drop to parallel?

Sincerely, Vicky V

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Howard Traxler

You're talking Apple--which is something I know nothing about.  You might try to learn more about Air Drop and what kind of output it dows-and what kind of hardware it supports.  That's my first guess--and only a guess.

Howard

On 7/20/2020 6:28 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

I think I do indeed nee such a device, but I have no idea what to look for.  My current print printer gets its documents through air drop.

Do you think that there would be a device that converts air drop to parallel?

Sincerely, Vicky V

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Monte Single

It is called  the braille blaster and it can be found here;

https://www.brailleblaster.org/

I  think it is free,  but donations are accepted bby the American Printing   house for the blind.

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Susie Stageberg

So is Braille Blaster a Braille translation program, like Duxbury? Is Duxbury still around, does anyone know? When I had a Blazer, I embossed directly from my BrailleNote Apex via a USB to serial converter. I wore out two Blazers.' The Blazer is a good little machine; neither of mine lasted very long, but they eid good work.

Susie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

On Jul 20, 2020 9:03 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

It is called  the braille blaster and it can be found here;

https://www.brailleblaster.org/

I  think it is free,  but donations are accepted bby the American Printing   house for the blind.

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Monte Single

Yes, the braille blaster is a translation software.  As it is a free version, it may not be as developed as duxbury

Here is the link to  the dux home page;

https://www.duxburysystems.com/

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Josh Kennedy

where did you get a braille blazer printer from? How much did it cost? Is it a brand new one? Do they still sell braille blazers? also if it breaks, can you still get braille blazer printers repaired? Are there any companies out there that we print repair braille embosser's like the braille blazer?

Howard Traxler

Josh, I have two Braille Blazers I'd like to part with.  I think they were (mechanically) based on a dot matrix printer.  As such, I would think that anyone who can repair one of those could work on a Blazer.  One of mine is an original and the other is a more refined version.

Howard

Howard

On 7/21/2020 5:34 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
where did you get a braille blazer printer from? How much did it cost? Is it a brand new one? Do they still sell braille blazers? also if it breaks, can you still get braille blazer printers repaired? Are there any companies out there that we print repair braille embosser's like the braille blazer?

Vicky Vaughan

Was the braille blaster software supposed to be on the duxbury web page?  I didn’t see it.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely, Vicky V

Yes, the braille blaster is a translation software.  As it is a free version, it may not be as developed as duxbury

Here is the link to  the dux home page;

https://www.duxburysystems.com/

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Josh Kennedy

no, braille blaster is on its own website at

www.brailleblaster.org

Monte Single

No,

The braille blaster software is on  this page;

www.brailleblaster.org

I think it is a product of the American Printing House for the Blind.