From: Marie
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020 11:23 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] BT headset on Asus laptop

    Win10 2004 and latest Jaws 2020 on my Asus laptop, with Real tech audio

When I pair my Plantronics Edge headset to the laptop, it works well and will even switch to an I device easily. The problem is when I turn the headset off, I can get no sound from the laptop speakers or the external speakers connected via the 3.5 MM audio jack. I feel pretty sure there is some setting that needs to be changed so this will work without the problem but have not figured it out so far.

If I shut the system down, when it restarts, the sound is back to normal.

Marie

Juan Gonzalez

One place you can start checking is your sound settings, if you see more than one device in the playback

Combo box you can remove that extra one cause what could be happening is that it defaults to that one but it could be waiting for a device that you don’t have connected. If you could let me know what you see in there I can assist further.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10