Can No Longer Send or Receive Email in Verizon Account

Rich DeSteno

I have had a Verizon email account for decades.  Several years ago, Verizon turned its email over to its AOL subsidiary.  It is free with little to know tech support.  I have this account on three computers, along with several gmail accounts.

Suddenly, three days ago, the Verizon account stopped downloading or sending any mail on all three computers, although it still functions on the AOL web site.  I keep getting the following error message:

"Sending of password for user ironrock did not succeed. Mail server http://pop.verizon.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later"

Well, I have tried dozens of times on all three computers with no success. My gmail accounts continue to work fine, and the web site version of the Verizon account also works fine. Aol is of no assistance. I am about to give up completely on this account and switch over totally to gmail, but first, do any of you have a clue of what is going on here?

--
Rich De Steno