From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of DAVID GLOBE
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:34 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] can't erase files from your streem

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd card.  It's just a sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're pulling it out of the streem.

David

Gene

It sounds to me as though that means a defective card, just as it does a defective thumb drive if there is no protection adjustment that works or is offerred.

Incidentally, I am also having trouble with my SD card. No matter where I put the little selector on the side, the message I get is that the card is wright protected. Is there a remedy or is there a new card in my future?

Marilyn

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd card. It's just a sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're pulling it out of the streem.

David

Allen West

I recently helped a friend with this issue. It turned out that the
selector switch on the side was broken. We copied the files onto a new
SD card and all was well.

Allen

On 10/21/20, Marilyn and Don Bilderback <djbilderback@...> wrote:
Incidentally, I am also having trouble with my SD card. No matter where I
put the little selector on the side, the message I get is that the card is
wright protected. Is there a remedy or is there a new card in my future?

Marilyn

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd card. It's just
sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're pulling it out
of
the streem.

David

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Thanks to everyone for their help. Since someone else said they didn't know how to copy to the computer and reinstall the data on a new card. I don[t know how either. Could someone give the details so I can keep them in my help folder for just such emergencies? I do use the Humanware Companion in case that helps. Do I remember there is an import and export listing on there? On my troublesome card, the slide is still there and I have moved it every which way to no avail.

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd card. It's
just a sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're
pulling it out of the streem.

David

Carolyn Arnold

Now, I'm not getting a message.

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd
card. It's just a sliding switch, and sometimes they get
changed when you're pulling it out of the streem.

David

Carolyn Arnold

I think you are right, Gene.

It sounds to me as though that means a defective card, just
as it does a defective thumb drive if there is no protection
adjustment that works or is offerred.

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd
card. It's just a
sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're
pulling it out of
the streem.

David

Carolyn Arnold

What process do you do to copy the files to another card, please?

You might want to check the switch on the side of your sd card. It's
just a sliding switch, and sometimes they get changed when you're
pulling it out of the streem.

David

Terrilynne Pomeroy

When I have had this problem, I put the card into my computer and delete it.
This has solved the problem for me.

TerriLynne