Can't seem to bring up the Apple Watch

Sharon Hooley

Hi again,

How do you bring up the Apple Watch keyboard on an iPhone XR with the latest IOS 16 version? I tried double-tapping, but, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

David Csercsics

What are you wanting to do? The Apple Watch has an onscreen keyboard and so does your iphone. Do you not know how to type on either keyboard? How familiar are you with basic voiceover gestures?

This might get you started:

https://www.applevis.com/new-to-ios

https://www.applevis.com/new-to-apple-watch

Donna

David, Not Apple Watches have on screen keyboards. I think the first watch to actually have an on screen keyboard is the Apple Watch 7. Other older versions of Apple Watches, the user has to use the Scribble feature, which is the same as the handwriting feature on iPhones. There is suppose to be a way to make a keyboard show up on the iPhone that is paired with the Apple watch, so the user can use a keyboard to enter passwords, type iMessages & write emails etc... The original aurthor of the message to the group & I would like to know how to get the keyboard to come up on the iPhone?

Donna

What are you wanting to do? The Apple Watch has an onscreen keyboard and so does your iphone. Do you not know how to type on either keyboard? How familiar are you with basic voiceover gestures?

This might get you started:

https://www.applevis.com/new-to-ios

https://www.applevis.com/new-to-apple-watch

Sharon Hooley

I want to use the iPhone to log into Apple on my watch.  When I go to the text box on my watch, my iPhone XR with latest IOS version says something like "Apple Watch keyboard".  the problem is that I can't, or don't know how, to bring it up on my phone. Does this mean that I need to get one of the latest models for watch and phone?

Thanks again,

On 12/1/2022 5:30 PM, Donna wrote:
[...]

Alex Stone

My old mum always told me: if you can’t bring up a!n Apple Watch, then don’t swallow it in the first place

https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.applevis.com%2Fnew-to-ios&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C88e6ac68473b41a410d508dad4e47bc2%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638056375037326971%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=uUddX9%2BEHVWKSJ2gcyZk6BYvCt7lWzlvZDMQ883hVqI%3D&amp;reserved=0

https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.applevis.com%2Fnew-to-apple-watch&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C88e6ac68473b41a410d508dad4e47bc2%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638056375037326971%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=M0odLkL0LBckZOfdtV1p5yJ05PnAaifAqGs6I%2BwhBWc%3D&amp;reserved=0