Topics

can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim

Steve Matzura

I'm not even sure what you're asking. Gmail is an email provider; POP3 is an email retrieval mechanism. Gmail can use either, but it's never a good idea to use both, thus setting up two different retrieval methods for one account, because they will eventually interfere with each other and you'll wwind up with either duplicates or missing messages. Tell us what you're trying to achieve.

On 8/2/2020 3:58 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim

Abbie Taylor

Jim, I also find your message confusing, but I'll tell you this. Your friends are right about gmail. The nice thing about it is that it can be set up on most email programs without too much difficulty. That having been said, with Outlook, I had to call the Microsoft Disability Assistance folks for help in setting it up with my gmail account. Now, except for a few minor idiosyncracies, it works pretty well.

I also feel that IMAP is better than POP3, especially if you use email on more than one device. Otherwise, your messages won't be synced across devices. So, messages you delete from one device will show up on the others. I hope that helps.

httpccwwwddabbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...