Checking out at Walmart.com with my E B T card

James Bentley

Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Lisa Belville

Hi.  I had this same issue, too.  It's because there's a graphical image of a keypad and you need to select each number of your PIN and then submit that for approval to complete the order.

In order for me to complete my order independently, I need to use my PC to put things in my cart and then use my iPhone to finish submitting the EBT PIN.  It works fine with the Ios app in Wall Mart.  I'm not sure how it works with an
Android phone.

This might be something a brief call to AIRA would help with.  If you don't have a paid subscription and have the PIN handy it shouldn't take a rep longer than five minutes to enter the PIN and get the order placed.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 5/10/2022 4:48 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Richard Justice

Hi James,
Give this a try:

Accessing the Acculynk webpage from Walmart.com to check the balance on the EBT card, or to verify a purchase:

1. After the Acculynk site opens, turn on the touch cursor with Shift + PC Cursor key

2. Select regions, by pressing the Page Up key on the number pad to cycle through the options.

3. Now, tab to find the aculink document window.

4. Once located, press enter.

5. Now return to the Page Up key on the number pad, and cycle through the options until you come to buttons.
6. Now, simply use the up and down arrows to locate the numbers you want, when you locate each number of your pin, press enter to select it.
7. after you have entered all of the numbers of your pin, simply down arrow to the submit button, and press the spacebar to activate it.
8. After you have pressed the spacebar to activate the submit button, tap the PC Cursor key on the number pad twice to return to the virtual cursor.
You are done.

Good Luck!
Rick

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Gene

Have you tried turning off the virtual PC cursor, JAWS key z, and tabbing and shift tabbing around to see if you find the field?  When you are finished, turn it on again with the same command, its a toggle.

also, have you tried more than one browser?

Gene

On 5/10/2022 4:48 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Melissa Hambleton

Using the PIN also works with FireFox for me. Yes, the iPhone works, too.

I found it doesn't work on Chrome or Edge.

On 5/10/22, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at
Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where
am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can't ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the
order just fine. But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete
these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

James Bentley

I think I will go ahead and install FireFox. It seems like FF works on several things that the chromium browsers don't.

Also, I will definately try Richard's suggestion. Its jumping through a few hoops but not so bad if you want your order.

Thanks to Gene and all who responded.

Regards,

James B

Using the PIN also works with FireFox for me. Yes, the iPhone works, too.

I found it doesn't work on Chrome or Edge.

On 5/10/22, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at
Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where
am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can't ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the
order just fine. But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete
these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

james hooper

What version of Firefox are people using.

Using the PIN also works with FireFox for me. Yes, the iPhone works, too.

I found it doesn't work on Chrome or Edge.

On 5/10/22, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order
at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site
where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can't ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete
the order just fine. But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to
complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Gene

It is important to have a nonChrome based browser along with a Chrome-based one.  Different browsers work better on certain sites.  Some people have two or three Chrome-based browsers.  They are installing the same underlying browser, despite having different features.  Firefox is a different browser.

Gene

On 5/10/2022 8:48 AM, James Bentley wrote:
[...]

.

Gene

the current version works well.  Browsers generally automatically update themselves by default and so I assume that the majority of people are using the current version.

Gene

On 5/10/2022 8:49 AM, james hooper wrote:
What version of Firefox   are people using.

Using the PIN also works with FireFox for me. Yes, the iPhone works, too.

I found it doesn't work on Chrome or Edge.

On 5/10/22, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order
at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site
where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can't ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete
the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to
complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

James Bentley

OK, Richard.  This works perfect.  How in the world did you ever come across this?

Many many, thanks,

James B

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

Richard Justice

Hi James,
Trial and error!
The problem wasn't the Walmart website, it was the Accu-link website.
Glad it worked for you!
BTW, I am using Chrome as my default browser.

Rick

OK, Richard.  This works perfect.  How in the world did you ever come across this?

Many many, thanks,

James B

Using Windows and a recent Jaws version, I can not complete my order at Walmart.com if checking out with my E B T card.

I make it all the way to wher I get moved away from the Walmart site where I am suppose to enter my 4 digit E B T card pin number.

I can’t ever find an edit field to insert these numbers.

However, If I use my IPhone, there is an edit field and I can complete the order just fine.  But, I have a few reasons for really wanting to complete these orders on my Windows PC.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone else with this same problem?

James B

James Bentley

I am also using Chrome as my default browser.  But, I’ve heard so many different stories about chromium browsers not working right in circumstances where FireFox did work.  I installed FF today and I will play with it and probably keep it from now on.

Thanks again to all who posted on this topic.  And, yes.  Its great to be able to use Chrome to finish my check out process at Waly World using my E  B T card.

James B