choosing which credit card to use on amazon

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

There should be a payment method selection button.  Clicking it should give you a list.  Or a button that has the name of card and last four on it.

On 1/15/2022 6:23 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Hi,

Is that during the checkout process?

Troy

On 1/15/2022 6:24 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Hi,

There should be a payment method selection button.  Clicking it should give you a list.  Or a button that has the name of card and last four on it.

On 1/15/2022 6:23 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

enes sarıbaş

Yes it is. Though I believe you'll just use default payment if you do one click checkout.

On 1/15/2022 10:16 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi,

Is that during the checkout process?

Troy

On 1/15/2022 6:24 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Hi,

There should be a payment method selection button.  Clicking it should give you a list.  Or a button that has the name of card and last four on it.

On 1/15/2022 6:23 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

Carolyn Arnold

That must be pretty hard to do. My sister ordered a Keurig for me, never could get Amazon to take my credit card from her phone, so she just got it for me for Christmas. I had written her a check for another purchase she made for me and could not get it to take my credit card number.

There should be a payment method selection button. Clicking it should give you a list. Or a button that has the name of card and last four on it.

On 1/15/2022 6:23 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card
for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how
we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account
and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases
since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which
card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

enes sarıbaş

That is very odd. Amazon takes all forms of creditcard, and also allows you to use the checking account.

On 1/16/2022 8:37 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Walter Ramage

Hi. That is not quite the case. Amazon from the 19th of this month will no longer allow Visa credit cards that have been issued in the UK to be used. Walter.

[...]

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

When in the Check out process, under heading 2, there is a button to "Change payment method". That will take you to the area which contains all the payment options you have set up in the account and even a link to add a new credit card.

Once the methods are set up, each method will have a radio button. Select the method you want and then go to the "use this method and it will then use whatever card or type of payment you have selected.

Marie

--
I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.

enes sarıbaş

This is good to know, but it is unlikely that many people here would have a UK issued credit card.

On 1/16/2022 8:58 AM, Walter Ramage via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Just to clerify, it is unlikely people resideing in the US would utilize a foreign card for payments for the most part.

On 1/16/2022 12:50 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
[...]

Andy

i have had a problem with Amazon taking one of my cards. I called the credit card company and they told me that there is nothing wrong with the card, but when a merchant wants to charge to their card, there are a few questions that they ask, and Amazon is not willing to deal with the process, so the charge is declined. They say that the problem lies with Amazon.

Andy

There should be a payment method selection button. Clicking it should give you a list. Or a button that has the name of card and last four on it.

On 1/15/2022 6:23 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I called amazon a couple of weeks ago and had them add a credit card
for my mom to use when she makes purchases but does anybody know how
we choose which card to use? I have my card attached to the account
and then the new one for my mom, and I haven't made any purchases
since the change but she has and she doesn't see a way to choose which
card to use.

Thanks.

Troy

Victor

I buy products from Amazon using my VESA debit card with no trouble.

Victor