Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 5:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] closing an open program that's not on the taskbar

Hi all,

I'm running windows 10 version 1809, and I just tried to open a game
that I played earlier in the day and when I tried to open it this time
it said the game was already running. It's not on my taskbar or in my
system tray though, nor is it in my task manager so how do I get to the
copy that's already running?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Mike,

I tried alt-tabbing but not windows key-tabbing.

I've rebooted since then but I'll try the windows key-tab if it happens again, it does happen occasionally.

Troy

On 7/9/2020 8:38 PM, Mike B wrote:

Try, Alt + Tabbing, or, Windows key + tabbing, to see if you can getter highlighted.

Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 5:02 PM

Hi all,

I'm running windows 10 version 1809, and I just tried to open a game
that I played earlier in the day and when I tried to open it this time
it said the game was already running. It's not on my taskbar or in my
system tray though, nor is it in my task manager so how do I get to the
copy that's already running?

Thanks.

Troy

Steve Matzura

Good question. You've hit on all three places I'd look, so it might be a service that needs restarting. Simplest thing to do is restart Windows and see if you can re-launch the game application.